Bad idea!

Reaction score
Today the wind was low enough to take my P3P for a few more tests since I didn't master well enough many aspect of the DJI pilot app.

I was tired of flying at the same spot which is the biggest and safest place to fly around here, so I bring my P3P in a park where I flew my P2 last year. They made a lot of improvements in the park and, where I normally take of in a center brick covered area, I started getting compass errors even if I just applied the new firmware and recalibrated everything at home.

I figured out that they was probably some metallic structures buried under the concrete where the bricks pavment was before when an old lady ask me what I was doing. I told her that I intended to take some general shots of the park and she reply that it was indeed a good idea to capture the water park fountains when they activated automatically each fifteen minutes...

DOH! It would have certainly completely ruined my bird if the sprinklers had started when it was sitting in the middle of the area. From the picture below, I still wonder how I didn't get a clue about what was that new central area!!!

Maher

Water_Park.JPG

I've learnt not to tell people I'm shooting photos or videos if they ask, until I find out their attitude or reasons for asking. Too many people have a bad attitude to our hobby. Last week, I was flying outside my apartment which is part of the local cruise ship terminal. I was observing the required 30m from buildings. A guy approached me and asked if I was taking pics. I said I was shooting the sunset on the river (which I was). Then he gave me a public telling off! I told him I was sensitive to privacy issues and observed the regulations. What I didn't think to say to him was, "You live in a cruise terminal. There are 75 ships a year that berth right outside your apartment. Each ship has around 3,000 people on board. All of them have cameras. Do you give all of them a public telling off?" He's a jerk!

Reactions: loganboyd
I've learnt not to tell people I'm shooting photos or videos if they ask, until I find out their attitude or reasons for asking. Too many people have a bad attitude to our hobby. Last week, I was flying outside my apartment which is part of the local cruise ship terminal. I was observing the required 30m from buildings. A guy approached me and asked if I was taking pics. I said I was shooting the sunset on the river (which I was). Then he gave me a public telling off! I told him I was sensitive to privacy issues and observed the regulations. What I didn't think to say to him was, "You live in a cruise terminal. There are 75 ships a year that berth right outside your apartment. Each ship has around 3,000 people on board. All of them have cameras. Do you give all of them a public telling off?" He's a jerk!
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ask-me-questions-about-p3p.42318/#post-384749

I am surprised if they fire every 15 minutes the concrete is not wet. Did I misunderstand?

Well, I was there a whole hour and never saw the fountains fire, so probably they are not yet active until this summer.

Anyway, now I'm well aware that it's wont be a good launching pad ;-)

Maher

Well, I was there a whole hour and never saw the fountains fire, so probably they are not yet active until this summer.

Anyway, now I'm well aware that it's wont be a good launching pad ;-)

Maher

Roger that !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair