Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

Also expecting shell in couple days. Will send you text. Looks like it has sensors on the led spots as well. Will take care of you for your time in replacing the shell. I would do it. But since I've never opened a phantom I would like to just watch the first time. Thanks again for all your great help. Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also. I have the object tracking. So it will easily chase you at night. With your lights. Let me practice with it for a while a me and a couple local pilots will gladly make some nice video for you.

Hey man, now you're being downright silly.
The guy who retrieved it has already hand delivered it back to the rightful owner... All is well in bean town... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I didn't read all the posts but how about you put your remote up for sale on CL. Maybe this creeper might not give it a second thought and contact you to buy your remote to help sell your bird. He might just be dumb enough to do that then you can put the cuffs on yourself. Citizens arrest!
Sorry nebcuav. Person who found the drone returned it. It's the member named Skygear.

Wow! What a story! It's nice to see that there are still good people out there. I'm glad everything turned out well

phantom pilots united we stand ! great read have been following this story since tony posted his situation ,

wish we all could meet up but im all the way in S.A someone can face time me then will be part of your meet up LOL

Ok guys. Looks like my bird can still fly. I will also still wait to replace shell. Looking over sd card. People can see the moment I panicked. I said **** the wind is crazy. Yawed the bird and tried to get the hell away from the tree. Was in atti mode. Gunned it and the wind just pushed it straight back into the tree. Will post the video in a few moments after I edit so the disbelievers can see the moment of impact. I must admit. This is really fantastic story and happy ending for me. Hehehe. Thanks all and now I know how dedicated drone pilots are. No wonder the other guy did a free dive 35ft down to recover his bird. I was in awe then. Now I'm more humbled by the support of this forum. Video coming next.

Reactions: Nabzo
Ok looks like I can't show impact. Because file is too big for my iPhone to take. But I can show it in the tree. SkyPixel

Tony,
This is truly an amazing story. I hope you are able to fly soon :)
The thread has become very long, but was interesting to read. Maybe it is an idea to add a short summary to the first posting?
This way we can archive this small novel. ;)

Wow tony. Wont enable ATTI mode unless im way above any trees or obstancles anymore! Let the computer deal with the wind. Good lesson for us all.

Ok guys. Looks like my bird can still fly. I will also still wait to replace shell. Looking over sd card. People can see the moment I panicked. I said **** the wind is crazy. Yawed the bird and tried to get the hell away from the tree. Was in atti mode. Gunned it and the wind just pushed it straight back into the tree. Will post the video in a few moments after I edit so the disbelievers can see the moment of impact. I must admit. This is really fantastic story and happy ending for me. Hehehe. Thanks all and now I know how dedicated drone pilots are. No wonder the other guy did a free dive 35ft down to recover his bird. I was in awe then. Now I'm more humbled by the support of this forum. Video coming next.

That is the right decision.

Also, I noticed that one of the files is corrupted. 3.9gb file. I bet that is when the battery finally died.

That is the right decision.

Also, I noticed that one of the files is corrupted. 3.9gb file. I bet that is when the battery finally died.
Yep. That's the file with moment of impact. 3.9g

Nice read with a happy ending. I didn't notice 12 pages at first and started typing what a scumbag this guy was! Maybe a younger me would have posted. I'm glad a decent dude grabbed the bird and you got it back, and made a friend for life!
Sometimes it pays to slow things down and not fly off the short end when stuff happens. A good read.

Yep. That's the file with moment of impact. 3.9g

No idea if this is helpful... When I did a tree landing a few weeks ago, battery popped out and the video file was corrupted, according to my phone (Note 5). When I put the SD card in my computer and cut/pasted it, it worked fine.

Also, there is a file video file repair/recovery tool someone on this forum posted about. Have you tried it by chance?

Here: App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Thanks will give it a go I am see the file. I just can't edit it. Maybe on my computer.

tony call me later was asleep last night so didn't here phone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT