Back before the FAA...

Reaction score
Took this in 2014 with my Phantom 1 and Hero3 camera...before people hated drones. Needless to say, we no longer fly this high.

High!.jpg

Back before telemetry...

Altitude (4).JPG

Kickin' it old school.

D

Those times were happy drone flying.
We in Slovenia don't need to do the drone registration as long as fly for a hobby.
But we should follow general safety flying rules.
As far as the altitude is concern I really have no need to fly over 120m in general. Maybe in some specific situations (hills etc.) I went over 150m but this was just exceptional. I think that going higher it is hard to get good picture at the ground.

Those times were happy drone flying.
We in Slovenia don't need to do the drone registration as long as fly for a hobby.
But we should follow general safety flying rules.
As far as the altitude is concern I really have no need to fly over 120m in general. Maybe in some specific situations (hills etc.) I went over 150m but this was just exceptional. I think that going higher it is hard to get good picture at the ground.

Back when the quadcopter thing was new, I was very excited to:

A) push the limits and boundaries of what the drone could do.
B) customize the drone to do these things.
C) take aerial photos.

Nowadaze, while my LOVE of droning still exists, my passion for flying has waned. Gone are the days of "pushing the limits" and taking "spectacular, ground breaking aerial photos." Now everybody and their brother has an aerial demo reel. Regardless of how well done they are (and there are some spectacular demo reels out there), they all look the same. These days I'm just happy to be working and have clients. I'm more "thrilled" with the staunch reliability of my drones than anything else. All 3 have been real work horses. I see this as a job I can do until the technology really IS "idiot-proof." Until then, non-idiots will still get the work.

I took this photo about 6 years ago with my P1 and Hero3+ camera, back when people still freaked out over aerial photos. I'll guestimate this was about 1,000' AGL.

Mountain-1.jpg

D

Last edited:
C) take aerial photos.

Now that I'm in droning and have been for awhile all boundaries and limits are personal goals to be broke for me :)

I love customizing and tinkering with electronics I build computers.

I experiment with most my camera settings such as AEB shots and multiple and normal.

I'm very interested in doing 3 to 4 mile litchi missions since I have read and seen video even if you lose connection with your RC the App will continue the flight and still return to you I wanna do some automatic long range flights with waypoints. since I'm not operating the drone and the computer is do I need to maintain VLOS when Skynet is flying my drone for me.?? Hahaha

Fake - The earth is actually flat. This picture shows that it’s curved ?
They curved the earth when they initiated the time zones. Life was so simple when the earth was flat. No jet lag and no 15 clocks on the wall.

C) take aerial photos.

Now that I'm in droning and have been for awhile all boundaries and limits are personal goals to be broke for me :)

I love customizing and tinkering with electronics I build computers.

I experiment with most my camera settings such as AEB shots and multiple and normal.

I'm very interested in doing 3 to 4 mile litchi missions since I have read and seen video even if you lose connection with your RC the App will continue the flight and still return to you I wanna do some automatic long range flights with waypoints. since I'm not operating the drone and the computer is do I need to maintain VLOS when Skynet is flying my drone for me.?? Hahaha
Very good question. Can't wait for the answers from the guys "who done it"

Took this in 2014 with my Phantom 1 and Hero3 camera...before people hated drones. Needless to say, we no longer fly this high.

View attachment 117793

Back before telemetry...

View attachment 117794

Kickin' it old school.

D
Better not show this to a flat Earther or is that curved horizon a problem with the camera and the Earth really is flat ?
I just hope there are no flat Earthers here !

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj