B4UFLY

Reaction score
What settings are critical and should be turned on? By default it has everything turned on. BTW, it's slower than molasses in winter.

You don't mention what aircraft you're flying but generally turn smart return home on and set the RTH altitude at 30m minimum, higher if you have tall objects around. VPS isn't necessary, most find it more harmful than helpful. Always start with a fully charged battery and do a complete preflight check of the the entire AC. Props in good shape and properly installed, battery properly and securely inserted. Take off and hover for a bit and make sure the AC is stable, check battery cell levels are all equal and battery temp is around 20c or higher. Good to go...

Reactions: tunadoctor
Oops I meant for the B4UFLY app and not the drone. Which settings should be on for the apps. Thanks

Regarding the B4UFLY app, I input my address, which is on private property, and the app shows that drones flight is prohibited in a very large area due to it being under an MOA. Doesn’t part 107 still allow drones to fly up to 400’AGL?

Attachments

• D0A40042-8868-4B7B-8AC6-398F0629CC24.png
    D0A40042-8868-4B7B-8AC6-398F0629CC24.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 384
Regarding the B4UFLY app, I input my address, which is on private property, and the app shows that drones flight is prohibited in a very large area due to it being under an MOA. Doesn’t part 107 still allow drones to fly up to 400’AGL?
The more I study my Albuquerque Sectional Chart, the more I am convinced that the B4UFLY app is dead wrong about this airspace concerning drone flight. I welcome anyone’s comment regarding this.

My back fence is the actual border of the National Forest, but the app said that a couple of overlying MOAs are the reason for the flight prohibition. Didn’t even mention the close proximity to the forest. Thanks for the responses. I’ll read up on the Park & Forest rules.

It really depends on the type of MOA. There are Restricted were flying is prohibited. Then there are Special Use Airspace where flight is prohibited during certain times. These are Alert Areas and Warning Areas. Then there is a Part 93 area where UAS flying is prohibited mostly because flight in that area requires a transponder. Just having Part 107 does not automatically authorize flight in these areas, you still are required to get authorizations unless you are in class G airspace. If the MOA is in Class G then you can fly outside of the restricted hours/altitudes.

My back fence is the actual border of the National Forest, but the app said that a couple of overlying MOAs are the reason for the flight prohibition. Didn’t even mention the close proximity to the forest. Thanks for the responses. I’ll read up on the Park & Forest rules.
I'm following here. Because National Parks are administered by the National Park Service and they do prohibit take off and landings. National Forrests are administered by the Department of Agriculture, and I could not find any such restrictions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.