Avoided a support issue with DJI by calling

Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering how many users here have had a problem with their R/C unit having shaky stuff inside it. Excuse the lack of technical explanation but that is literally what the problem was. I could hear stuff shaking around inside the unit. I called them and they told me that the only thing they heard of is the RTH button becoming slightly depressed and needing to have the case of the R/C replaced.

Anyway, shortly before sending it off, the entire R/C separated at the seam and came completely apart. I jammed it back together but looked at it and all of the screw posts had disintegrated into nothing. There was no way you could put the screws back into it if you tried. There was nothing left to hold them.

I sent it away and DJI tried to charge me $100 to fix it. I called them and said that there was no way I was paying them $100 that this was obviously a warranty issue. They put me on hold a sec and came back within say 5m and agreed to fix it for free. Not sure why they bucked at it at first but a simple call made them decide to do the right thing.

Anyway, all this said... I'm just curious if anybody else experienced very brittle plastic inside the R/C unit. All good now anyway, unit is en route back to me repaired for free so its in the past now.

Might be worth a heads up to anybody that intends to mod their unit. I guess lots of people do it so my luck I probably received the lemon of the bunch but I am nervous about getting it modded now.

Last edited:
Nice that they took care of you.

Yes, issues with brittle plastic on the RC have been reported many times. As they noted, the RTH button breaking off inside has been an issue, as well as an issue with the screw bosses breaking as happened to you. People have even reported joysticks breaking off internally.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl