Autopilot for Phantom

the Phantom doesn't point at the same exact spot on Orbit mode too. It keeps making corrections, and those ruin the shot.
at least in Curved Pan you can get a constant smooth curve with no adjustments. even knowing your focus point will be lost eventually

So in the new "curved pan" mode, are you ok if the Phantom doesn't point at the same exact spot on the ground during the whole shot? Again, if there is any wind at all, and you are using constants settings for the controls, the point of focus will change.
In a Curved Pan , its more noticeable a change in YAW than a slight change in object focus. I'll I need is it to maintain focus for 3 to 5 seconds. That is the amount of clip time I normally use in that kind of shot.

OF COURSE the ideal would be a perfect orbit with no YAW changes. But since we clearly aren't there yet...

Autopilot have you figured out how to use your app in naza mode?

I don't feel comfortable flying my bird in phantom mode. The fact that I have to turn off tx to activate rth, scares me.

I only used your app once and the end result was not good. App kept on crashing while in black box. Of course I used it in naza...

Also, will this app be compatible with the P3?
I m hoping it will, this way I can at least say,I didn't waste $24.

I don't feel comfortable flying my bird in phantom mode. The fact that I have to turn off tx to activate rth, scares me.

I only used your app once and the end result was not good. App kept on crashing while in black box. Of course I used it in naza...

I m hoping it will, this way I can at least say,I didn't waste $24.
what? this app does not work in Naza mode? what do you mean?

We are still working with DJI to understand this limitation. Autopilot can function while in Naza mode, you just need to be careful to disengage before activating the failsafe: http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilotphantom/flightschool#limitations-naza

App kept on crashing while in black box. Of course I used it in naza...
Can you download the beta and see if the problem is still happening? The beta now logs telemetry files, so if is crashing, you can send us the files.

That is our intention, assuming the SDK allows it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj