Autopilot for Phantom

To bad this app doesn't have the support like ultimate flight app and he is a one man show.
Autoflight im not gonna get into a debate but your app is lacking. I hope there is a better sdk in the works for p3! Unfortunate I can not get a refund

To bad this app doesn't have the support like ultimate flight app and he is a one man show.
Autoflight im not gonna get into a debate but your app is lacking. I hope there is a better sdk in the works for p3! Unfortunate I can not get a refund
Bigdz, does that app as: Mimic and Orbit or POI? If so I want it.

Bigdz- Do you have a specific issue that needs to be addressed? We would love to help you succeed with Autopilot. We try to keep up with all the forums, but the best way to get support is by emailing [email protected]. Most of the time you will get a response within an hour.

Macsoft- POI is coming in the next version, which we posted about here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/autopilot-for-phantom-beta-test.38933/

I already payed for this version and I can't use it... you've made it ios 8 only..

You can request a refund directly from Apple. I would do it but they don't give that option to developers. The choice was to take advantage of the barometer on the newer devices (thus requiring iOS 8), or go without it. Given how bad the GPS altimeter is, we opted to go with the barometer:
https://developer.apple.com/library...Motion/Reference/CMAltimeter_class/index.html

-Jim
Payment refunded. This 15 day no questions ask refund from Apple is a great idea!

We haven't settled on minimum system requirements for Android, but it is looking like at least KitKat.

I'm really interested in purchasing the Autopilot App for the Phantom 2 Vision +. Anyway you can give me an idea as to when the update will come out that will include the ability to record all of your flight data?

hello to all pilots,

I'm new here and it seems to be a nice place....my english is not very good so don't be so strictly with me, please...

Have got the 1.1 Autopilot a few days ago and have tested just the orbit mode. After a few difficulties at the beginning it works pretty fine for me. What I noticed is that you have to be very carefully with the settings.

Here is the result and I am not disappointed.

hum.. you still can detect a lot of Yaw adjustments.... I thought this would be perfect :S

I do not believe sensor limitations are such a big obstacle.
Let me throw my 2 cents to the problem, and you tell me if it makes sense.

you need a gps fix on a center point to orbit on.
and a gps fix on the distance you want to orbit about.
Then I'm guessing you are choosing that the algorithm finds a lot GPS and Compass positions in the circumference, and adjust the birds position to each GPS point & compass bearing checked on said circumference. That is why we see the yaw adjust jerk on the footage.

What about instead of relying on the GPS & compass so much, you create a new mode. Call it "CURVED PAN". in Curved Pan you just need initial center GPS position, and distance from said point where the circumference is. Then instead of relying on GPS & compass to make a curve, you forget it and apply the circle formula on a constant left motion and yaw motion that fits that radius of circumference. Sure your circle would be far from perfect and it would loose center fast because its almost like Atti mode, BUT... you would get a perfect LEFT + YAW motion with no YAW ajustments, like a circular pan. That is What I need for most footage, a smooth pan, much more that a full orbit.
Much like I try to achieve with a Manual Orbit, but with no full orbit.

Let me know what you think

Then I'm guessing you are choosing that the algorithm finds a lot GPS and Compass positions in the circumference, and adjust the birds position to each GPS point & compass bearing checked on said circumference.
That isn't exactly how the current algorithm works, and I don't want to give away too many details as that is part of our "secret sauce". With regards to your idea, we are open to the idea of a mode that allows you to choose constant control application (x% yaw, y% roll, etc), but this approach will fall very short in accomplishing a true Orbit. Basically, it will only work in zero wind conditions, which is almost never.

That isn't exactly how the current algorithm works, and I don't want to give away too many details as that is part of our "secret sauce". With regards to your idea, we are open to the idea of a mode that allows you to choose constant control application (x% yaw, y% roll, etc), but this approach will fall very short in accomplishing a true Orbit. Basically, it will only work in zero wind conditions, which is almost never.
Like I said, the objective of this is not a perfect Orbit, but a perfect PANNED CURVE. very rarely do you use the full footage of an orbit in a movie. Or if you do, you speed it up, and when you speed it up, the yaw adjustments get much more noticeable.. But we do use a LOT some partial CURVED PANS, I do them manually but an automated mode would be much appreciated.
In a professional aerial movie you rarely see a pice of footage with YAW motion because of that: it gets noticeable. But with this mode we may start to see it more.

Reactions: ClickWork
So in the new "curved pan" mode, are you ok if the Phantom doesn't point at the same exact spot on the ground during the whole shot? Again, if there is any wind at all, and you are using constants settings for the controls, the point of focus will change.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj