Autonomous Waypoint Navigation and Camera Control with the FreeSkies Copilot

Was downloading iOS 9 today to them download the app for beta testing, and just realized the 1.2.6 requirement. No beta for me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeSkies has begun to release it's first closed beta! For more information, check out our forums at the FreeSkies Drone Center.

On your forum, you post this crap
"
Hi Andy,
We initially built this application to follow all United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations. One of which is that all UAVs must be fly below 400 ft unless given permission otherwise. We understand this can be a hindrance in other parts of the world. We are working on making that warning optional, allowing you to bypass the limit if you choose to do so. Stay tuned for the next Beta update.
– Jay"
There is NO regulation, you people have no clue and you are NOT trust worthy to build an APP!!!!!!!..

http://freeskies.org/forums/?topic=error-waypoint-max-legal-altitude

On your forum, you post this crap
"
Hi Andy,
We initially built this application to follow all United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations. One of which is that all UAVs must be fly below 400 ft unless given permission otherwise. We understand this can be a hindrance in other parts of the world. We are working on making that warning optional, allowing you to bypass the limit if you choose to do so. Stay tuned for the next Beta update.
– Jay"
There is NO regulation, you people have no clue and you are NOT trust worthy to build an APP!!!!!!!..

http://freeskies.org/forums/?topic=error-waypoint-max-legal-altitude

Hi,

I'm sorry for any confusion the wording "regulation" may have caused. You can find more information on this matter in this article in our knowledge base. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

-Howard at FreeSkies

Reactions: JBG
Reactions: unclejas
This APP sounds very appealing. I'd love to know more about it.

Has a price point been set as of yet?

IOIIOOO,

CoPilot's full functionality can be tested in locations where Apple has 3D Maps. The number of cities supported by Apple is growing monthly and a full list of the support cities can be found HERE.

If you're city doesn't currently have 3D functionality, you can still use CoPilot, but will be limited to 2D keyframes. It will be similar to DJI's ground station, except you will be saving keyframes in 2D based on the video you want to capture, instead of setting arbitrary waypoints.

Within the next few months, we are transitioning to a much better 3D mapping platform that has widespread coverage, even in the most remote places on earth, and will notify you of any progress. The price will go up once we've added that capability, so better to buy early.

BigAI07,

Feel free to shoot us an email if you have any questions at [email protected], or check us out online at www.freeskies.co. We cannot release any pricing information at this time, but please note it will be on par with similar applications already available.

unfortunately, the app is completely hampered by dependency on apple's maps. in most areas, you are unable to zoom in low enough on the map to create any useful preplanning with the 3d map.... it looks like they've added some manual overrides to manually create waypoints.. at any rate, it's a decent alternative to DJI's waypoint if you really want to do groundstation/pre-planned waypoints.

IOIIOOO,

CoPilot's full functionality can be tested in locations where Apple has 3D Maps. The number of cities supported by Apple is growing monthly and a full list of the support cities can be found HERE.

If you're city doesn't currently have 3D functionality, you can still use CoPilot, but will be limited to 2D keyframes. It will be similar to DJI's ground station, except you will be saving keyframes in 2D based on the video you want to capture, instead of setting arbitrary waypoints.

Within the next few months, we are transitioning to a much better 3D mapping platform that has widespread coverage, even in the most remote places on earth, and will notify you of any progress. The price will go up once we've added that capability, so better to buy early.

BigAI07,

Feel free to shoot us an email if you have any questions at [email protected], or check us out online at www.freeskies.co. We cannot release any pricing information at this time, but please note it will be on par with similar applications already available.
The price will go up above $50 when you add that 3D anywhere capability?
If purchased for $40 now, will you guarantee the inclusion of that functionality in the BasIc version, or will that only be in the Advanced version, at an as yet undisclosed additional price?

Hi GadgetGuy,

CoPilot Basic is the consumer version of the application. It will always be dependent on Apple Maps. We are working on an enterprise application with much more functionality, but will be separate from CoPilot Basic.

Hi GadgetGuy,

CoPilot Basic is the consumer version of the application. It will always be dependent on Apple Maps. We are working on an enterprise application with much more functionality, but will be separate from CoPilot Basic.

This seems at odds with what you said earlier:

Yeah, you screw it up. First of all - you said "Beta for P3" Now it is only for P3P, then you add iOS 9 only and 1.2.6. update will not work. What a bunch of.... (moderator will ban me if I continue my speech) see moderator - I am getting better

:) Nice...

This seems at odds with what you said earlier:
Indeed, it is a complete contradiction, and a bait and switch, with a false call to urgency based upon a fraud! They can't seem to get their story straight!:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic