Automatic 360 Panoramic Photo's

Reaction score
I was thinking about how stable the new Phantom 2 Vision+ is and how simple it is to snap a bunch of pictures and stitch them together later on into a panoramic photo. Then it hit me, why doesn't the vision mobile app just offer to take an automatic panoramic photo. You would hit the button and the Phantom would just rotate 360 degree's taking photos and letting the app auto stitch them together for you.

This would be a very simple thing to implement with incredible 360 panoramic photo's to be had by anyone with no need to manually stitch photo's later on using a computer.

I have just submitted a ThunderClap, once it gets approved I'll post a link here on how you can join in.
What is a ThunderClap? This lets as many people sign up as they want, when signing up you basically just sign into thunderclap with your Twitter account and then set a message that you would like to tweet to @DJIGlobal. Then all at once, all of our tweets get sent to them at the same exact time. They I'm sure would think twice if all of the sudden they got hundreds of people tweeting them at the same time saying they would auto panoramic feature added to the app.

MikesTooLz said:
I was thinking about how stable the new Phantom 2 Vision+ is and how simple it is to snap a bunch of pictures and stitch them together later on into a panoramic photo. Then it hit me, why doesn't the vision mobile app just offer to take an automatic panoramic photo. You would hit the button and the Phantom would just rotate 360 degree's taking photos and letting the app auto stitch them together for you.

This would be a very simple thing to implement with incredible 360 panoramic photo's to be had by anyone with no need to manually stitch photo's later on using a computer.

I have just submitted a ThunderClap, once it gets approved I'll post a link here on how you can join in.
What is a ThunderClap? This lets as many people sign up as they want, when signing up you basically just sign into thunderclap with your Twitter account and then set a message that you would like to tweet to @DJIGlobal. Then all at once, all of our tweets get sent to them at the same exact time. They I'm sure would think twice if all of the sudden they got hundreds of people tweeting them at the same time saying they would auto panoramic feature added to the app.

I was thinking the same thing..the plus is so stable that it could easily be done via the app. nice job in setting that up. im in.

Since the camera is such a wide angle (140 degrees), you could do this yourself in just 3 shots. Hover...take shot 1...rotate about 1/3rd take shot 2...rotate another 1/3rd...take shot 3. Stitch them together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing