Authority to fly class D

Reaction score
i just got authority to fly in class D. Do I have to contact tower before each flt. I am assuming yes

Authority. But obviously not the correct forum to ask for advice. I have had different answers from two colleagues and just wanted cofirmation that my own assumption was correct.

You got the right forum alright. Lots of free knowledge and experience here. Don’t feel intimidated just asking questions. If you fly in class D you need to contact the controlling agency normally the control tower (air traffic control ATC) and ask to enter and then acknowledge your “clearance” to enter. As a drone operator sometimes a phone call will do but I doubt any ATC would authorize access to anyone they thought did not know the rules.... he SE the question

Reactions: Great Pumpkin
You got the right forum alright. Lots of free knowledge and experience here. Don’t feel intimidated just asking questions. If you fly in class D you need to contact the controlling agency normally the control tower (air traffic control ATC) and ask to enter and then acknowledge your “clearance” to enter. As a drone operator sometimes a phone call will do but I doubt any ATC would authorize access to anyone they thought did not know the rules.... he SE the question

Thank you, confirms my understanding. The authrity took about 120 days. So i will apply to renew that much earlier. also i have found the faa extremely helpful and easier maybe mre knowedgeable to deal with than other gov agencies

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie