Authorised high flight with the P4

Reaction score
Ok, this flight is done at max. allitude 500 by my P4 and autrorised by the town hall here for commecial purposes. Maskes for great picuture though... :)

Attachments

• DJI_0330.JPG
    DJI_0330.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 553
Ok, this flight is done at max. allitude 500 by my P4 and autrorised by the town hall here for commecial purposes. Maskes for great picuture though... :)

I could be wrong here but I don;t believe your town hall can authorize that. I think it has to be ok'ed by the FAA?If you are in the States?

To me it is kind of silly seeing people (Hobbyist) that follow the Part 101 Rules can fly as high as they want.....

You need to get higher. Try a higher authority.

NoCo Drones

The final authority regarding Flight Altitudes is Governed only by the FAA. By applying for even the Hobbyist Registration you had to agree to not exceed 400' AGL. This is to protect the flying public. Nothing can be authorized by even your State Governors, Senators, or Congressmen leastwise a town or city official. Most rules get thrown out in Emergency Situations. In the Rocky Mountains where I live I normally set my RTH at 121 Meters. I don't know what I'll set it to if I'm operating where 2,500' vertical cliffs exist that are within 3 or 4 miles from my house.

If you wish to fly higher then the 400 ft. You can submit a request to FAA. If you aren't even close to any air ports they might allow it. You want to submit at least two month prior your flight date. In USA.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Come on folks we are an INTERNATIONAL forum and have many MANY members who are not from the US or Canada. Tommy could very well be from another country and not have to fly by the same restrictions and rules we have here in North America.

Reactions: SteveyB
Come on folks we are an INTERNATIONAL forum and have many MANY members who are not from the US or Canada. Tommy could very well be from another country and not have to fly by the same restrictions and rules we have here in North America.

That's right. I'm from Norway. That being said, most off the rules apply here too. Although i was cleared by local authority, there is a chance i should have been cleared by cilvil aviation authority aswell. Better do some research for the future.

. By applying for even the Hobbyist Registration you had to agree to not exceed 400' AGL.

Not according to Part 101 or the FAA video I recently watched. Hobbyist agree to follow the Part 101 rules and regs. "Flight altitudes are unrestricted, unless you are within three miles of an airport. Unlike Part 107, the AMA Safety Code does not restrict altitude except when flying within three miles of an airport. In those instances, you are restricted to flying as high as “approximately 400 feet AGL,” unless you have notified the airport operator. Of course, under federal law, § 101.41 requires you to provide prior notification to the airport operator and the airport control tower (if there is one in operation), if you plan to fly within 5 miles of an airport."

If Hobbyist are to follow the under 400ft rule they need to amend the Part 101. Confusing to many and some just make up their own rules because of the conflicting info out here on the net.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31