ATTI mode yes, but is it sensible to learn MANUAL ?

Can anyone think of a way to keep from accidentally putting S1 in manual mode once it is activated in software. That is my biggest hessitation turning it on, accidentally hitting it or putting it in manual when Atti is intended and being at low altitude and not having enough time to recover.

I just bought a nano qx... it has a manual (agility) mode. I'm going to practice manual with the nano before manual on phantom

SteveMann said:
RhythMick said:
Only thing I can see is I watched a video theorising that flyways would result from the P2V+ thinking it was more than 1500(?)m from it's home position and deciding to head there. Wouldn't switching to ATTI give you control though ? Any circumstances where you would need to switch to manual to regain control ?
No, the priority is to return to the fence whether you are in ATTI or GPS.
Limits%20of%20Special%20Area.jpg

If you have a fence set up in your Phantom Assistant and for whatever reason the stored home location gets corrupted or the GPS data is corrupted, then your Phantom's priority is to get back to the fence irregardless of inputs from the controller. Manual mode is the only way to stop the flyaway in this case.

Learning to fly in manual mode will make you a better pilot, but start practicing at altitude. When you switch from a hover to manual, the aircraft will descend because the throttle in the hover position is not enough power to stay aloft in manual mode. Also, in manual mode the speed limits are off. If you are fighting a headwind to RTH in GPS mode, switching to ATTI will give you a little more speed, but switching to manual gives you more control. You may want to sacrifice altitude for forward speed, for example.

Thanks that's clear, and a decent reason for having it.

Love the video about the accidental switch. Ouch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1