Attention: We will have to EXTERNALLY mark all aircraft with Reg #

My drone has been externally labeled since day 1. I personally don't think it's a big deal. The (new) regulation is not specific about the size or method of identification other than it must remain affixed for the duration of each drone operation, it must be legible, and can be seen upon visual inspection of the aircraft's exterior. It doesn't have to be so large that it can be read from the ground when the aircraft is in flight. I used a P-touch label maker and made a small but legible label. It took me less than 5 minutes. I put it directly above the PHANTOM logo along with my AMA member number. I think I may ad contact information as well.
So you have your AMA number and your 336 pilot number?

That's common. You're satisfying AMA rules and FAA rules with the same decal. We've done this with AMA for decades now. We used to just write that information inside the aircraft for a long time before the advent of "economical" label makers etc. For a while I used one of those rotary "tape punch" units but they didn't adhere for very long in the Nitro fuel arena

Reactions: Ansia
That's common. You're satisfying AMA rules and FAA rules with the same decal. We've done this with AMA for decades now. We used to just write that information inside the aircraft for a long time before the advent of "economical" label makers etc. For a while I used one of those rotary "tape punch" units but they didn't adhere for very long in the Nitro fuel arena
I'm not an AMA member, so I didn't know you had to label their nimber. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: slats and BigAl07
I have a p4 where do I find the registration number?

You don't. You go to:
FAADroneZone

create an account and then register under Section 336/Hobby (pay $5/3 years). From there you'll be given your FAA Registration #

Reactions: slats
My drone has been externally labeled since day 1. I personally don't think it's a big deal. The (new) regulation is not specific about the size or method of identification other than it must remain affixed for the duration of each drone operation, it must be legible, and can be seen upon visual inspection of the aircraft's exterior. It doesn't have to be so large that it can be read from the ground when the aircraft is in flight. I used a P-touch label maker and made a small but legible label. It took me less than 5 minutes. I put it directly above the PHANTOM logo along with my AMA member number. I think I may ad contact information as well.

I used a Dymo labeller.
Works well and easily read.

Reactions: slats
I have my FAA assigned aircraft registration identifier (to satisfy FAR 48.205) and my AMA number on the outside of the aircraft.

Reactions: Ansia
I have a p4 where do I find the registration number?
It's the identifying number provided by the FAA when you register your aircraft. If you haven't registered it yet, go to the FAA website and look into it. Its a simple and inexpensive process and it's required by law for a drone the size of the P4. If you mean the serial number of your aircraft, I believe that is located inside of the battery compartment.

I think this will clear it up a little bit:

faa-how-to-label-your-drone-jpg.63370
was there an attachment in your reply? If so, doesn't seem to have made it through.

was there an attachment in your reply? If so, doesn't seem to have made it through.

hmmmm it's showing for me even in your reply..... Anyone else not see it?

hmmmm it's showing for me even in your reply..... Anyone else not see it?
I've noticed a lot of attachments aren't showing up on mobile but display properly on PC's. Seems like it's been going on for a few days now. We may want to get @clackey on it?

FAA_HowToLabel_Feb2019.jpg

I've uploaded another version of the graphic.

Let me know if you can or can NOT see it.

Allen

View attachment 108820

I've uploaded another version of the graphic.

Let me know if you can or can NOT see it.

Allen
That one is showing up in the mobile app, as the other wasn't. What did you do differently? External embed as opposed to upload? I've had the same issue with some of my posts.

That one is showing up in the mobile app, as the other wasn't. What did you do differently? External embed as opposed to upload? I've had the same issue with some of my posts.

The previous was "linked" from another site (Mavic Pilots) and this one I did a printscreen and uploaded it directly here.

I've been in compliance with this new rule since April 2017 - less than a week after I got my first Phantom... don't understand what's the problem with a label on the outside or why anyone would resist doing it?

An inexpensive Dymo LetraTag label maker and the clear plastic tape that fits it is perfect. No fading or peeling edges in all that time - it's still stuck on well and looks fine.

Yeah I think I bought mine for $5 on EBay with my registration # and ph# about two yrs ago and there still in perfect shape like the day I put them on..

FAA UAS Drone Quadcopter Registration sticker black letters on 1/2" white tape | eBay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic