Attention: We will have to EXTERNALLY mark all aircraft with Reg #

The rule is effective on February 25. The markings must be in place for any flight after that date.

Unless something changed today (and it could have) the Due Date was 2/23/2019.

Yep. This is officially my birthday present!:tearsofjoy::sweatsmile::sob:
20190213_215845.jpg

Reactions: Loz
I doubt it. That's off the FAA site. Also I copied it. should have put it in quotes, sorry.

I stand corrected :) Maybe they wanted to give all of us one more weekend before it became law :)

Reactions: trcsmith
In Oz CASA says you have to have your ARN on a flame proof label.
I use a dog tag.

Oh Really? I don’t recall any requirement to attach / display ARN in Oz, perhaps I’ve forgotten, are you able to share a CASA link that states this please?

Oh Really? I don’t recall any requirement to attach / display ARN in Oz, perhaps I’ve forgotten, are you able to share a CASA link that states this please?

I stumbled across it some time back and was surprised to see that it specified fireproof.
I've just searched everywhere and can't find it.
Maybe it's changed???

Reactions: Loz
I stumbled across it some time back and was surprised to see that it specified fireproof.
I've just searched everywhere and can't find it.
Maybe it's changed???

Don’t think so, but hey the rules are evolving all the time, the new registration coming in Oz may change all this again.

Reactions: Phill2
I've been in compliance with this new rule since April 2017 - less than a week after I got my first Phantom... don't understand what's the problem with a label on the outside or why anyone would resist doing it?

An inexpensive Dymo LetraTag label maker and the clear plastic tape that fits it is perfect. No fading or peeling edges in all that time - it's still stuck on well and looks fine.

When I registered with the FAA over a year ago and issued me my number, it said to put number on the outside of drone with suggested places to put them. The only thing new here is the mandatory part which I just assumed it was already when I registered.

When I registered with the FAA over a year ago and issued me my number, it said to put number on the outside of drone with suggested places to put them. The only thing new here is the mandatory part which I just assumed it was already when I registered.
Close, but no. Yes it was mandatory, but you could hide it inside the drone, as long as you didn't need any tools to get that info. Example of this is inside battery compartment.

Reactions: N017RW
Close, but no. Yes it was mandatory, but you could hide it inside the drone, as long as you didn't need any tools to get that info. Example of this is inside battery compartment.
Inside battery compartment was never an option for me. It gets hot in there and label has tendency to peel off. I dont want the chance of getting label getting between battery and AC contact points.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Ansia
Me has emailed CAA of NZ and airshare to find out what happening on this side,no reply yet but will update what they say

Reactions: Phill2
Inside battery compartment was never an option for me. It gets hot in there and label has tendency to peel off. I dont want the chance of getting label getting between battery and AC contact points.
Makes sense. There are labels that are low profile and do fit inside without affecting the battery. I've seen them in other threads. My label maker is the one that punches out through a plastic take instead of printing, so it wasn't an option for me either.

Oops, maybe we should have a small flag posted so we know where the post as far as regulations go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20