Attaching Marco Polo tracker

Reaction score
I just received my first Marco Polo tracker. I'm a bit concerned about how to attach it to my P4A. I see that Eureka recommends attaching to a strut. That seems like it might affect flight characteristics (balance). The other options are the top or bottom of the hull using velcro tape. I use the drone for mapping outdoor crime scenes, so I'm usually flying low and slow with Litchi or Map Pilot. I want to be able to have the tracker securely attached, but be able to remove it for charging. Anyone have any experience with the various placement options? Any advice would be appreciated.

I see that Eureka recommends attaching to a strut
I guess they mean the landing gear? If so, that would be a good option. It's too lightweight to throw off the balance.

Reactions: lasersbee
“I use the drone for mapping outdoor crime scenes”
Very interesting use of your Phantom. For whom and for what purpose?
I used Map Pilot and MapsMade Easy for general mapping and interested in your application.
Thanks

I'm a independent wildland fire investigator. I work for public agencies and law firms. I use my P4A to map the origin areas of fires. It's all part of the process of determining origin and cause, and if possible establishing the responsible party. The resulting maps and diagrams are used in civil and criminal litigation. I was using a photogrammetry program called iWitness, but I'm switching over to Maps Made Easy too.

Gary

I'm a independent wildland fire investigator. I work for public agencies and law firms. I use my P4A to map the origin areas of fires. It's all part of the process of determining origin and cause, and if possible establishing the responsible party. The resulting maps and diagrams are used in civil and criminal litigation. I was using a photogrammetry program called iWitness, but I'm switching over to Maps Made Easy too.

Gary
Thanks and appreciated

Mine is attached to a leg with a 3d printed holder. (Ebay) The trick is to use it, unlike yours truly that had to wait for a "found" phone call. Mark it first .... then polo. Good luck
No effect on performance

Yeah the MP holder is 3D printed by an outfit in Israel.
The method they use is a bit "iffy" in that they use plastic anchors in the shell body screw cavities.
The holder screws onto those. I have to check mine periodically because the holes are tapered they will start to work out.
If you know someone with a 3D printer they could likely make something for you.
Personally I feel a better method than the holder I described would use the landing struts as a mount.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj