article about a drone operator faulted for mid air collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjw

Reaction score
Please don't mistake my comments as not taking this story seriously, this is a dangerous sistuation
. In our local paper, I was reading an article about a phantom 4 owner flying in airspace ruled off limits and announced so by the FAA. Not a good thing. The part of the story I found funny was the paragraph that said "the blackhead helicopter suffered minor damage, the DJI Phantom 4 was completely destroyed" Well, DUH!!

Reactions: MrTommy
Please don't mistake my comments as not taking this story seriously, this is a dangerous sistuation
. In our local paper, I was reading an article about a phantom 4 owner flying in airspace ruled off limits and announced so by the FAA. Not a good thing. The part of the story I found funny was the paragraph that said "the blackhead helicopter suffered minor damage, the DJI Phantom 4 was completely destroyed" Well, DUH!!
Very dangerous indeed...

I guess you might be talking about the news story which is already being discussed on this thread and others?

We knew it would happen...now it has

The official report on the incident was published recently and here's a link with more info. Drone far beyond sight during Black Hawk collision - AOPA

But do you realize the cost and consequences of the damage to the Black Hawk? The rotor blades had to be replaced. Last cost estimate I heard was a mere $250K. I guess minor is a relative term in direct proportion to your bank account.

This topic is already going over at:
NTSB Report is out on Phantom4 vs Blackhawk from Sept 2017

*Thread Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20