Argtek installed, not much improvement

Reaction score
I am a newbie, just bought phantom 3 standard 3 weeks ago. I was having limited distances, best I could get was averaging 120 m. Installed the argtek 6 antenna system. Now I get average 350-400 m. That’s at any altitude. Have experimented with different configurations flats, omni etc. is it possible that something may be faulty in the drone itself? I’ve updated, downgraded, then reupdated the firmware, latest is installed now. Recalibrated the IMU, controller 3 times each. Any help greatly appreciated. Any mods for the aircraft antennas out there? I’ve scoured the posts and found nothing directly related to my issue. BTW unit was new when purchased. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Photoflash
Maybe some higher dbi antennas would help... I think if there is a lot of wifi traffic in your area it can hinder your range...

2.4ghz 18dbi antenna $5 amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/SODIAL-Wirel...qid=1509044935&sr=8-15&keywords=18dbi+antenna

5.8ghz 12dbi antenna $13 amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FPT17T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5.8ghz Helix antenna $82 amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Circular-Wir...&qid=1509045082&sr=8-4&keywords=Helix+antenna

Check out these other forum links too..
Argtek range extender.

A Guide on Configuring a Argtek Data Extender

One other question...the 2.4 is for video etc, and 5.8 is for control...is that correct? Or do they all 3 have something to do with control

Yes I live in a rural area, last flight on a Hill never lost visual. No cell towers near, no businesses, I have satellite tv at may house 200 yards away (if that matters) so if there’s interference I don’t know what it could be from

Yes I live in a rural area, last flight on a Hill never lost visual. No cell towers near, no businesses, I have satellite tv at may house 200 yards away (if that matters) so if there’s interference I don’t know what it could be from

e77e3292ae40e9aaa1b103129482939e.jpg

Will those work with the argtek setup? The ads reference home WiFi just curious, I don’t really understand all this stuff

I'm no expert. I saw this on the internet... and well I got lured in deep.. conspiracy theory deep... I mean, if this works.. c'mon! 18dbi!?! Yeah, I'm flying it around the world as soon as they come in the post.

He's only putting 10's on there! The fool! 18s would have to better, right? See I told ya, I'm in over my head. The threads are the same, so they'll fit... I can't imagine antennas made overseas are really that much different from other overseas brands.. clovers Omni's, helix's etc..

Most of the time you can find em a lot cheaper on eBay... but I warn you.. don't get drawn in like me... I just ordered an antenna as long as my... well let's just say it's pretty long.

Problem solved guys...I took it back to the vendor, exchanged it, new one out to 7,555 feet when I got low battery warning (I’d flown a couple times and updated firmware) so I let it return, could have kept on going but didn’t chance it. There had been no crashes or knocks on the old one, so I’m convinced there was a flaw in the old one. Happy flying guys.

Problem solved guys...I took it back to the vendor, exchanged it, new one out to 7,555 feet when I got low battery warning (I’d flown a couple times and updated firmware) so I let it return, could have kept on going but didn’t chance it. There had been no crashes or knocks on the old one, so I’m convinced there was a flaw in the old one. Happy flying guys.

Was that with or without the ARGTech?

First flight and after firmware I got 1539 ft before RTH didn’t try moving or adjusting my position or antenna. Referenced flight was with argtek I was standing same spot as without. Kudos to argtek...FYI I was using omni 5.8 and flat 2.4’s

Ok got to try it out today, made it 8980.2 feet, that’s 1.7 miles, or 2737.1 meters, 2.73 km, 2993 yards. This was with the Omni 5.8 and square 2.4’s. Will see what happens with all 3 flats and all 3 Omni this weekend. I’m very pleased.
e90ed60d0ac8e2279f8872ba2bd837ed.jpg

I've had limited distance issues myself attributed to interference. This is going to be my next step after the DBS flat panel Mod
2W 5.8 GHz Wifi Signal Booster

Attachments

• wifi booster.jpg
    wifi booster.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 328

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member