A Guide on Configuring a Argtek Data Extender

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

Four months ago, I bought a used Phantom 3 Standard from a pawn shop. So far, I have very pleased with my purchase. I am having a blast with the quadcopter. Pre-installed on the controller is a Argtek Data Extender. Since I am a novice pilot, my knowledge of the Extender is limited. Does anybody know of a guide on how to configure this system? There are (2) square 7.0, (3) 2.4hz, and (1) 5.8hz antennas. They all fit into the 3 connections into the base I have looked online to see what antennas to use in which slots under what conditions--distance or strong video quality-- and have not found much. For a good strong, quality signal--I enjoy taking pictures while flying over water----should the square antennas be in slots 1 and 3 ----the 2.4hz or 5.8hz in the middle? The guy that owned the quadcopter before me had all three 2.4hz antennas in slots 1-3. Can anyone offer an advice, tips. on what which ones to use in which slots i am interested in maximizing the performance and improve future use of the Extender. Thanks, BuckeyeAce68.

Greetings everyone,

Four months ago, I bought a used Phantom 3 Standard from a pawn shop. So far, I have very pleased with my purchase. I am having a blast with the quadcopter. Pre-installed on the controller is a Argtek Data Extender. Since I am a novice pilot, my knowledge of the Extender is limited. Does anybody know of a guide on how to configure this system? There are (2) square 7.0, (3) 2.4hz, and (1) 5.8hz antennas. They all fit into the 3 connections into the base I have looked online to see what antennas to use in which slots under what conditions--distance or strong video quality-- and have not found much. For a good strong, quality signal--I enjoy taking pictures while flying over water----should the square antennas be in slots 1 and 3 ----the 2.4hz or 5.8hz in the middle? The guy that owned the quadcopter before me had all three 2.4hz antennas in slots 1-3. Can anyone offer an advice, tips. on what which ones to use in which slots i am interested in maximizing the performance and improve future use of the Extender. Thanks, BuckeyeAce68.

a 5.8 ant should be in the middle position it works same as ur basic antenna u get. on the front of ur controller there is a note not to block the ant inside the are square for 2.4 for video and the vertical ant is for 5.8. when u install the new one same 2 square ones in same postion
and a 7db or 10 db vertical.unless u have the 3 rd square one get on u yube and check out argtek users

It's also one of those things that depends on your location.. how much wifi, radio waves, trees, buildings and outer space static is coming between you and the drone. The flat panel style antennas are directional, so they should always be facing your drone. The long thin style are omni directional so your remote doesn't have to be pointed right at the craft. What I like about the ARGtek design is the ability to swap em out without having to open up the remote etc... I think you have to experiment and find what works best for your flight zone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20