Argtek antenna

Reaction score
Hi all. Something of a newbie with the phantom so started with the DJI 3 standard.

I've flown drones and heli's for years and years and this is super easy to fly, I love it.

I researched as much as possible and thought the Standard was a great price (Mrs Disagrees) !!

I didn't realise that it won't go as far as the Pro and so when I'm in farm land, I lose signal at about 300 meters, I can barely get to 120 altitude. I understand there are issues with interference etc but I was saddened as my mates post flight logs of theirs that go for literally miles.

Has anyone tried the Argtek replacement on the Standard 3? YouTube videos have shown to work well?

Thanks in advance

Dave in Essex

I'd recommend going with the Itelite DBS mod antenna. My standard was about the same with the stock R\C. With the DBS mod I get 2-3 miles at 400+feet altitude with no dropout. This works well here in the US. Not sure the limitations in Essex.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'd recommend going with the Itelite DBS mod antenna. My standard was about the same with the stock R\C. With the DBS mod I get 2-3 miles at 400+feet altitude with no dropout. This works well here in the US. Not sure the limitations in Essex.

Thanks for the info. I've not seen or heard of that.

I'll do some research.

I don't want to go crazy or be irresponsible but I'd like to be able to go further than the borders of my local park

There's another thread running now, OP is b_rad. I think they are in the UK. They are discussing the ARGtek and DBS and where to get them. Might help you decide.

Thread is ARGtek I believe.

DBS here as well, good advice.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Wow 2-3 miles??? Are you talking in a wide open space? Either way the furthest I've been able to go with mine, having the ARGtek is about 1/2 mile, with the constant red/green lost signal/ready to go. It does not maintain a steady connection.

Wow 2-3 miles??? Are you talking in a wide open space? Either way the furthest I've been able to go with mine, having the ARGtek is about 1/2 mile, with the constant red/green lost signal/ready to go. It does not maintain a steady connection.

Oh yeah, wide open space (pastureland) with no trees or nearby WiFi clutter. The WiFi does drop out first so I lose video first, but r/c to bird signal is strong as long as I’m maxed out at 400+ feet altitude. Got to watch antenna orientation though, and keep it pointed/aimed at the bird, watching for the dreaded green to red lost signal.

This range is not typical every day. Sometimes it gets out that far, other times it’s only maybe a mile. Just be sure that your RTH settings are correct before your launch. Otherwise it may go wandering off on its own. Plus, I added a tracker on mine just in case it wanders away, or has a bird strike and goes down.

Do Trees interfere with the signal? mine has the range extenders don't know what brand as it all came in a second hand set I can only get out about a 150 meters? then return to home ? the other day lucky to get 50 meters out mind you the app was playing up or the tablet I am not in a forest but there a few trees around
also I was flying to my side not in front of me should that make a difference?

Do Trees interfere with the signal? mine has the range extenders don't know what brand as it all came in a second hand set I can only get out about a 150 meters? then return to home ? the other day lucky to get 50 meters out mind you the app was playing up or the tablet I am not in a forest but there a few trees around
also I was flying to my side not in front of me should that make a difference?

Trees do cause some signal interference on occasion. It’s best to keep the r/c pointed directly at the drone at all times to maintain a strong signal link.

Even my Itelite DBS r/c must be pointed at the bird to maintain signal. I would guess the ARGtek is the same. Just keep facing the drone when in flight and watch your signal strength indicator on the app for signal loss, and adjust your ‘aim’ to compensate. Many times an increase in the drones’ altitude will help maintain a strong signal also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic