ARES ETHOS FPV.(Photo & Flight Test added.)

Reaction score
IMHO, this is a great quad that for $299, includes a color/receiver on 5.8MHZ. The color display is 4" and it has nice shades that pop out. Both sides and the top, open when you lift up the shade tab.

Although mine had problems and I'm seeking a replacement, for a bad engine and a 3 pin connector that left behind a pin in the female side. BUT, I did get to check out the FPV, here in the house. For $299, I have a 5.8MHZ RF transmitter, a receiver with color display.

When I tire of 'playing' with this drone, I plan either to take apart the camera and use the RF transmitter or just put the entire unit on my P2! Okay, not great but a taste of FPV with this drone and my P2. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with an Amazon merchant, but if there are problems, I have Amazon backing me up.

My QUESTION: How many of you own this drone? How many feel that is a deal for a first taste of FPV?

EDIT: This wins the award of being my least popular post! Maybe if I had included a photo. So, here is one, further down is my test flight review.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 680
Re: ARES ETHOS FPV

Okay, thank you PhantomFanatic!

Edit: I fixed it.

Re: ARES ETHOS FPV

I took my test flight today. First, I really don't have an ideal yard for flying. So, having gotten permission of a neighbor, in a nursing home, I used her yard. It has a 12KV line and cable, etc. But, above that is clear sky. No cars or people.

My first lift off eventually landed me on the phone line! Second, a bush near a fence line! (Give me credit for being honest!). After that, I trimmed everything in and I could fly as I wished. I got up to about 100 feet, glanced at the FPV color screen, which was my first taste.

I quickly realized that even though there was no wind on the ground or tree tops, there was definately enough wind to blow me away if I didn't counter for it. I didn't get around to the auto-flip button or to enjoy the FPV much. Kinda hard when you are in VFR. By the time I was really getting into it, the battery got too low.

I had 5 more charged batteries, but I was losing light and it was getting rather chilly. My thoughts: You would probably pay more than $299 for a FPV setup for your non-view Phantom. But, this way, you get another drone, fun to fly and you can see what FPV is all about.

The four inch color monitor, with receiver and internal rechargeable battery has a built in sunshade. You lift the upper portion and both sides pop in place. The transmitter has a large LCD display, with a lot of information available. The 720P camera comes with a micro SD card, 4GB I believe, but I bought a 32GB for it. I can't wait to watch the video this evening.

Overall, I REALLY enjoyed it and for all the features, especially FPV, it is a steal. The way the display attaches to the transmitter is well thought out. No brackets. There is a rectangular flap. You insert the LCD screen into this compartment and it is secure. A very fun 'ride' for a price that allows for more fun without worrying about breaking the bank if you 'play hard!'

Edit: 9:45pm, I wiped the dust off of my laptop and inserted the micro SD into the USB adapter and awaited the video. There was no video. The reason: There is a control that allows you to take photos and to record video. You can record video and trigger a photograph, I believe.

I thoroughly read the simple instructions in comparison to the P2's more difficult manual. But, I totally forgot to push one of those buttons! BUT, it allows something the Hero's can't do, which is to frame a shot and trigger a photo versus taking photos every few seconds, as set.

But, for the one person reading this, besides my proofread, it is kinda amazing. I need to buy FPV components for my P2, but it will be one piece at a time as finances allow. However, it will be interesting to try them out with this UAV!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl