Area's in Manhatten where drones aren't allowed

Reaction score
Hi. I currently are in Syracuse, New York and I plan to visit some area's in Manhattan in New York City sometime down the road. Are there area's where drones aren't allowed. I understand that i'm new to the forums and as a result this is a rather easy question. I'm new to drones as a whole. That said i'd like to know more details to get started.

Update. I just took a look at what the law says. Manhattan is a no-go zone.

The entire city (all 5 boroughs - Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island) is off-limits to drones with the exception of a few city parks. Note the NYC policy on drone flying on the official NYC website. Drones · NYC311

Here is an update on the NYC drone restrictions in detail. Drone Laws in NYC - Drone Laws

Last edited:
Reactions: brigerdrones
Hi. I currently are in Syracuse, New York and I plan to visit some area's in Manhattan in New York City sometime down the road. Are there area's where drones aren't allowed. I understand that i'm new to the forums and as a result this is a rather easy question. I'm new to drones as a whole. That said i'd like to know more details to get started.

Update. I just took a look at what the law says. Manhattan is a no-go zone.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Take advantage of the FAA drone map.

Unfortunately, the LAANC system is useless in NYC as it is illegal to launch.

Reactions: GFields

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic