Are those intelligent batteries stupid?

(you're up early! Must be the new 'travel bubble'!! ;) I'm in WA)
Nah - batteries are 4 years old and that dud was operating perfectly that flight until it got down to a certain level and instead of landing automatically, it shut down the motors at height.
If it's better to replace the batteries then maybe I should send the remote as well, as it is only charging to 75% ? Or are they a DIY job?
You can get replacement remote batteries and just matter of opening up remote but watch ribbon cables of the module on remote,,small fiddly things..ha yeh travel bubble, one day I visit,few things goin on here,,always liked Australia and many I know live in different parts but I start at Melbourne, sometimes with big impacts like I find out to it does internal damage aswell,,board only flex a bit before esc ribbon cables tear,,its almost easier to search for another drone and use your remote,,parts cost can add up quick depending what needed,,again major bummer ,,best of luck ay,;)

Reactions: Twilightdrone
You can get replacement remote batteries and just matter of opening up remote but watch ribbon cables of the module on remote,,small fiddly things..ha yeh travel bubble, one day I visit,few things goin on here,,always liked Australia and many I know live in different parts but I start at Melbourne, sometimes with big impacts like I find out to it does internal damage aswell,,board only flex a bit before esc ribbon cables tear,,its almost easier to search for another drone and use your remote,,parts cost can add up quick depending what needed,,again major bummer ,,best of luck ay,;)
Cheers - appreciate that ! I have taken the rc apart once before to heat up the board when it wouldn't charge at all - and with some success. Wasn't sure if an rc battery could be bought separately?
I am intending to ship the AC to a repair centre (Melb.) and get their best advice - would you recommend that? Even now it will light up when turned on and just names a bunch of probs like camera etc.. so I'm hoping that it's just the legs, gimbal arm and I get to keep the '01.03.0509' original firmware? There are no cracks anywhere else. Fingers crossed
If you do ever come over and land in Melbourne, you could do worse than drive (rather than fly) across the nullabor to WA. Good flying and scenery, cliffs, whales etc ... Good Luck!

(you're up early! Must be the new 'travel bubble'!! ;) I'm in WA)
Nah - batteries are 4 years old and that dud was operating perfectly that flight until it got down to a certain level and instead of landing automatically, it shut down the motors at height.
If it's better to replace the batteries then maybe I should send the remote as well, as it is only charging to 75% ? Or are they a DIY job?
The common thread I have noted with these sudden battery shutdowns has been that the majority of them evidently occur just as the drone arrives from long flights when the battery voltages are running very low.

A description in this forum by Dirty Bird, of his Phantom3S named Darth Videous, was the first reference to this cause of Phantom3S crashes due to battery failure that I encountered, but for some reason, I haven't been able to locate that particular thread in this forum. That incident occurred precisely as did the sudden crash of my Phantom3S recently.

My Phantom3S, already a veteran of over a thousand miles of autonomous missions, arrived from a Litchi sortie 6 miles long, hit the brakes 140 feet above the takeoff point, lost power to all four motors simultaneously, then abruptly dropped like a rock, slamming on the ground with sufficient force to utterly destroy the camera, and partially separate the shell halves.

The common thread I have noted with these sudden battery shutdowns has been that the majority of them evidently occur just as the drone arrives from long flights when the battery voltages are running very low.

A description in this forum by Dirty Bird, of his Phantom3S named Darth Videous, was the first reference to this cause of Phantom3S crashes due to battery failure that I encountered, but for some reason, I haven't been able to locate that particular thread in this forum. That incident occurred precisely as did the sudden crash of my Phantom3S recently.

My Phantom3S, already a veteran of over a thousand miles of autonomous missions, arrived from a Litchi sortie 6 miles long, hit the brakes 140 feet above the takeoff point, lost power to all four motors simultaneously, then abruptly dropped like a rock, slamming on the ground with sufficient force to utterly destroy the camera, and partially separate the shell halves.
Precisely my experience too! So is it a 'built in' failure by the manufacturer? Surely it would increase the salvage opportunities if it 'auto landed' instead? (unless you're over water!)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z