Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Are my cells too unbalanced (new battery)?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by CJD, Jul 2, 2016.

1. CJD

CJD

Hi all,

I have only flown my P3A once so far and now charged it back to 50% as might not be using it for a few days.

There is quite a voltage difference between cell 1 and 4 and i was wondering if this is a problem? I read online that new batteries can take a few cycles to balance themselves so was wondering whether I should be worried or not?

Picture attached showing the current cell levels. This is at 51% charge.

IMG_20160702_163337.jpg

Edit:

And here is the healtyhdrones output:

batterycells.png

#1 CJD, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. Quamera

@CJD I can't believe you never had a single reply to your post from 8 months ago but if you are still around and looking for an answer I can suggest one. You may have found it already when you fully charged the battery and that is the voltage is only balanced out on a full charge. Then if it varies again on discharge on the same cell you have a problem that needs to be watched, if it happens repeatedly then you have a dud battery, send it back to DJI. Of course if you have a battery cell voltage varying from the other 3 while flying DJI Go will most certainly be telling you all about it and even reducing the battery power output if its a serious variation to reduce the probability of a complete battery failure and the Phantom falling out of the sky.

3. Vzr1

What took you so long!?