Are advanced and professional cameras swappable?

Really.

That and the charger are the only known differences (to me).

if cameras are swappable then advanced p3 will be more future proof. Correct? i.e. one can start with advanced and then upgrade the camera somehow.

if cameras are swappable then advanced p3 will be more future proof. Correct? i.e. one can start with advanced and then upgrade the camera somehow.
All you'd be gaining by "upgrading" is 4K video. If that's what you're looking for, spend the extra $250 and just get the Pro.

They are swappable. The connections are the same.

They are swappable. The connections are the same.
yes but as many have thought the cameras may well be the same camera just software disabled.
So does the new 4k camera shoot 4k on the silver, And even if it does that will just prove the the software is on the camera,so maybe we can crack the software on the current camera to do the same.

Meanwhile in camera land ...
The Pro has a fan to help it deal with the heat generated by processing 4K.
The Advanced lacks this.
Although so much is the same about the cameras, hacking the silver one to get 4K probably isn't going to happen.
Cameras being swappable is good news for anyone who crashes a Pro after realising they don't really need 4K.
They can save some $$ in parts.

Meanwhile in camera land ...
The Pro has a fan to help it deal with the heat generated by processing 4K.
The Advanced lacks this.
Although so much is the same about the cameras, hacking the silver one to get 4K probably isn't going to happen.
Cameras being swappable is good news for anyone who crashes a Pro after realising they don't really need 4K.
They can save some $$ in parts.
Not true, my advanced has a fan in it as well.

Oops ... I stand corrected.
I should know better than to make assumptions like that.
Any day now my P3 should arrive and I'll find out for myself.

Yeah .. the waiting is dragging on.
Still none at all have made it to Australia and some of you are getting on to 3 weeks playing with your new toys.
Heck .. even New Zealand got some a week ago.

Yeah .. the waiting is dragging on.
Still none at all have made it to Australia and some of you are getting on to 3 weeks playing with your new toys.
Heck .. even New Zealand got some a week ago.
Got my P3A (no extra battery) 2 days ago... Just been too busy to fly.
Where you located Meta?? I know a place in Sydney with a few Adv and Pros in stock.
I got my Adv for $1490 with no extra batt. It worked out to be cheaper as its 1699 with extra batt.

And I heard the replacement camera will be $450 (USD) for Adv and $539 (USD) for pro. If its swappable then the Adv users will have a cheaper upgrade considering that the Pros paid $259 USD premium for gold stickers/faster charger/SDK support.

View attachment 18802

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31