App Store review delays ground DJI's new Phantom 3 drone

I bought the Ipad Air specifically for my P3 and was somewhat disappointed when I learned of the delay. I was able to download the android Pilot App and it connected with no problem to my HTC M8.I think the app is intended for the Inspire though.

nothing to be worried about chris.
you can use your ipad for a lot of extra things ;-)

I just posted this in the best monitor thread but this seems appropriate as well. I just ordered the Nexus 7. It's cheap so I don't have to worry about scuffing up my iPad or iPhone. The app is supposed to work and updated quickly so why not buy a crappy Android product for a drone?

As an app producer, we know the apple approval window is 7-10 days, with 48 hour turn around to work through rejections. Apple is VERY accommodating. Especially if you are a large company with a rolling app lineup. We finish out games with 20 days to spare just in case. We wouldn't want purchased advertising to hit and an app be tied up in review. It's just proper planning.

I have never experience Apple reject a submission unless there was something seriously wrong with the app. Even Apple's nitpicky stuff has a reason (like restore purchase requirement , font sizes, 64bit, etc)

DJI or their developer is 100% to blame on this.

Your apps dont require MFi, correct? Hardware certification is a different story as you should know.

Well, whether the delay is 1-2 days or 4-6 weeks (I *highly* doubt that -- I think that was either started by a Solo fanboy or a DJI dealer trying to unload a back room full of Phantom 2s), there's a relatively inexpensive way to get up and running without investing in something pricey like an Nvidia Shield.

You can pick up the "pay as you go" Moto G from Best Buy for a mere $39. You can use it without paying for any phone service, just go through the activation sequence, let it assign you a phone number, and whenever it asks for money say you'll "pay later." Then, after all is done, put it in Airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi. Boom, you have a Wi-Fi only Android device that will control the Phantom about $40.

I just did that today, and I now have my P3P up and running. The Moto G's not the fastest, but as a stopgap, it's a cheap solution to get up and flying. (Plus, by me doing this, it virtually guarantees the iOS app will be updated within the next 24 hours. : )

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon...lack/3041063.p?id=1219086346405&skuId=3041063

Reactions: Captain_Bob
Well, whether the delay is 1-2 days or 4-6 weeks (I *highly* doubt that -- I think that was either started by a Solo fanboy or a DJI dealer trying to unload a back room full of Phantom 2s), there's a relatively inexpensive way to get up and running without investing in something pricey like an Nvidia Shield.

You can pick up the "pay as you go" Moto G from Best Buy for a mere $39. You can use it without paying for any phone service, just go through the activation sequence, let it assign you a phone number, and whenever it asks for money say you'll "pay later." Then, after all is done, put it in Airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi. Boom, you have a Wi-Fi only Android device that will control the Phantom about $40.

I just did that today, and I now have my P3P up and running. The Moto G's not the fastest, but as a stopgap, it's a cheap solution to get up and flying. (Plus, by me doing this, it virtually guarantees the iOS app will be updated within the next 24 hours. : )

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon...lack/3041063.p?id=1219086346405&skuId=3041063
I love this forum! I might do this tomorrow. Thanks!

Heres the link to the app...in Binary code. Decipher and you get the app:

01001001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100101 01100100
Jacob... enough with the binary. Post the **** link. There are too many frustrated owners that ponied up for the launch. How about being kind?

thank you for the suggestion! I went out tonight and bought one of these, and it worked beautifully! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Your apps dont require MFi, correct? Hardware certification is a different story as you should know.

Could be hardware (controller firmware not up to snuff). Could be all on the app standards. Either way.. there's a known ETA and process for MFI as well.
All on DJI.

Bottom line= Deadline not planned for and/or quality standard NOT met.

Kind of like what I said above but why not get the Nexus? It's only $170 on Amazon and it has a bigger screen. Cheaper than an iPad mini.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20