P3 Firmware App or Firmware issues?

Reaction score
Hi. Newbie in UK and I have a P3A, with Android tablet, but don't often get the chance to fly. I have charged my batteries today and have a couple of problems that I am hoping someone may be able to help me with.
Firstly, the DJI Go app tells me that the firmware needs to be updated, but then it changes to 'ready to fly'. I have checked my update log from when I tried to update earlier this year (in response to this message) and it said that the firmware was identical to the offered download. I have also checked the currently available download and it is from July 2017 and I know I will have updated with that one anyway - I believe that this was the additional airport geo-fencing.
Am I getting a spurious request to update the firmware?
Secondly, I have a blank screen, where the map window should be. I found a discussion about this on the internet, but no answer advising how to correct it.
Great forums! Thanks.

Hi. Newbie in UK and I have a P3A, with Android tablet, but don't often get the chance to fly. I have charged my batteries today and have a couple of problems that I am hoping someone may be able to help me with.
Firstly, the DJI Go app tells me that the firmware needs to be updated, but then it changes to 'ready to fly'. I have checked my update log from when I tried to update earlier this year (in response to this message) and it said that the firmware was identical to the offered download. I have also checked the currently available download and it is from July 2017 and I know I will have updated with that one anyway - I believe that this was the additional airport geo-fencing.
Am I getting a spurious request to update the firmware?
Secondly, I have a blank screen, where the map window should be. I found a discussion about this on the internet, but no answer advising how to correct it.
Great forums! Thanks.
As before, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Is my drone mantra for the p3 series. As long as dji doesn't lock you out, you're ok.

Reactions: ABAKER7881
FW update - don't agree to this unless you have a reason to perform it. Ignore it, or find a modded app which ignores it for you (disables the question). For why it's still bugging you after update - from mobile app you've upgraded only RC. The drone can't be upgraded this way.

No map - isn't this due to certificate expiring? If so, installing newer Go app should help.

Reactions: ABAKER7881
OK, thanks quaddamage, I will ignore the update message (don't do it through the app anyway).
For the GPS map, I have no idea about cert's. I will try and install latest app.
Many Thanks for your response.

FW update - don't agree to this unless you have a reason to perform it. Ignore it, or find a modded app which ignores it for you (disables the question). For why it's still bugging you after update - from mobile app you've upgraded only RC. The drone can't be upgraded this way.

No map - isn't this due to certificate expiring? If so, installing newer Go app should help.

quaddamage. I know it took a while, but wanted to thank you for the info' about the app'. It was exactly what you said and I am very grateful for the information. I am now flying with maps.

Reactions: quaddamage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31