APP Idea. Any DEV up to the chalange? :)

Reaction score
Hi,
As well as flying, I use my phantom on the ground hand-held a lot, just for the gimbal stabilization on ground shots.
I see a growing number of users doing the same. The stabilization is great, and having one system to both aerial and ground stable shots is a big plus.

I use a hand-help support that holds the phantom and the phone, for portability.
Problem is, i still need to have the wifi extender on the TX turned ON and relatively close to bird to do the connection between the phone and the bird.
so It would be GREAT I could connect the phone directly to the Phantom, no wifi extender.

Is there an APP DEVELOPER up to the challenge?

Is there a way I can connect my phone directly to the phantom? that way i wouldn't have to carry the TX with the wifi extender when I'm just using the phantom hand-held?

Picture of the hand-held system I use (I've been beta-testing it for a friend):
Screen_Shot_2015_05_22_at_01_44_28_copy.jpg

Well first of all, is not practical to unscrew/screw the OEM extender every time I want to do some ground shots /aereal shots.
My extender as an Intelite antenna screwed to it, so definitely does not fit in my pocket.

I was looking for an app to do this, and I see with a google search that many people are looking for the same thing.

Get another extender . I got 2 and they are both binded to my one camera . One has a antenna attached and the other don't .You could mount it somehow under your phone and leave it !

Another extender is expensive and not practical.

I've found a link on google that tells you how to direct connect from the phone to the bird.

first you connect normally with the extender, open the DJI app, and on settings tap on Binding to find your birst SSID. if something like FC200_.....
Then turn the app the radio and the extender OFF, leave only the bird ON. On the phone create a wifi network with the SSID you've found earlier.
ip address: 192.168.1.5 (some number from 4 to 20 at the end)
subnet: Mask 255.255.0.0
router: 192.168.1.1

Then open the DJI app and that is it.

I report I CAN successfully DIRECT connect from the phone to the bird with both IPHONE (4S with ios7) and ANDROID (Nexus 7).

You use the app fully and tilt the camera on app. The only difference is the extender icon is off.

PROBLEM IS.... on both iphone and Android, i see the "connection broken" like every minute or 30 secs...it seams it looses connection and then gets it right after.

Maybe an app that first finds the SSID of the bird,
and then creates the connection with a better connection refresh rate to overcome the disconnection problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav