App disconnect on Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
Since I updated to the latest firmware, occasionally I am losing both video and control signal levels to the iPad Air. The app indicate that it lost connection with the Phantom 3, after about 10 or 20 seconds the connection is restored.

I have been doing some reading and realise that maybe this is just an app problem rather than a loss of communication with the Phantom. A point to note when I lost communication the Phantom hovered in the same location and did not return home which it would if it detected that it lost communication.

As I was in a bit of a panic when this happened I did not use any of the joysticks to see if I still have control as I did not want to compound the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve the issues, does anyone else have the same problem.

Thanks

I was out flying yesterday an got the 'Disconnected' message on my iPad mini 2. It scared the hell out of me but my P3 hovered in one spot when it happened. I tried exiting and restarting the app and unplugging/re-plugging in the USB cable. I manually landed it and packed up and called it a day. I am using a 1ft Anker lightening cable and am not sure if that is the cause...

I reported the same problem a couple days ago. Not know what else to do, I just let the battery run down on the P3P and then it returned to home on its own. I just went out and bought a new iPad Air 2 because some thought it might be too many apps on my Moto X.

London - pretty cold at the moment so high temperature is certainly not the problem. I left the Phantom to hover, I did not do anything, just waited for the app to reconnect.

I had the issue happen under test at home, I have contacted DJI and they suggested I send the log files to their EU office in Germany which I did but no response yet.

Having seen the problem once before, I tried not to panic and waited to see how the Phantom will respond and whether it would return back home, but since it hovered I am assuming this is an app problem.

I will do some more tests at low level and see if this happens again, and whether I still have control of the Phantom, but either way there is a problem with either the app or the controller or both!

My app did not crush, just showed disconnected, then it reconnected after about 20 seconds, did not have to restart the app.

Yes I am using the cable that came with the iPad. The thing is that I never had any of these problems for about 3 weeks before the firmware upgrade, might just be coincidence

Did DJI update the iOS DJI Pilot app on 6/18/15 or was that for Android?

I had the same issue yesterday. Still had control of the aircraft, but app and camera had disconnected. I'm using official Apple lightning cable. Brought the P3 down, and power cycled everything (including the ipad). Took off again, and whilst the iPad stayed connected, when I tried recording video, the recording would stop after about 6 seconds.

You know this happened to me on android this weekend. I still had control via RC but the app acted up. After a bit I got video back but the bar at the top still said disconnected. This happened twice in the same area.

This is a problem we mentioned here before. Don't panic. The app will reboot and in the meantime you have full flight control with the sticks. The rig will stay in the same flight mode so in gps the hover will be just as good as usual. The app will reboot on it's own in a few seconds. Since you're in the UK, you have to keep visual line of sight son ou can see and just fly it back if you're nervous.
I think this is related to how much you are doing with the app. Seems to happen to me when I do a lot of adjust!ents to image and video settings.

I spoke to DJI last night, the only suggestion forthcoming was to change the lighting cable and see what happens, I've had the same cable for weeks and the problem became apparent only since the new firmware, so not if a new cable will make any difference.

I have sent two sets of log files to the DJI EU office, let's see if they have any suggestions although I am not expecting a quick response.

I agree once you know what the issue is, and not panic, it is a matter of waiting for the app to reconnect, but nonetheless it still leaves us with a piece of software that is unreliable.

Same happened to me on Friday. P3P with IPhone 6 all updated to latest firmware. Never happened before the update. Only temporarily loss of FPV before which always came back. But this time permanent disconnect. I landed then tried to reconnect by closing the app and also turning off my phone. In the end I had to switch the P3P off and the RC and power up again to connect. I hope DJI are reading the posts

It's not a new issue and several of us have been experiencing the issue since the release of the P3. I have tried just about everything mentioned by other people and nothing has fixed it for me. I think the latest app just made it worse.

I'm using an Android device instead of an iOS device (Nexus 7 2013) but the symptoms are the same. I will be flying for a while (10 minutes) before the app completely disconnects. I can still control the P3 but have no FPV. This is the biggest issue that has kept me from flying too far away. I have cleared the video cache, checked the connections, closed the app and re-opened. Re-installed the app. Nothing works except for landing and rebooting everything.

I hope you can find some resolution or DJI can eventually fix this. It's super annoying.

I agree! I get that we should always maintain LOS but if we ever flew far away and the app disconnected we would have a hell of a time flying back without FPV.

Why would you not press the RTH button to bring it back when the app disconnects???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic