Anywhere to see Current GPS when Flying?

Reaction score
Let's say your flying and you come across something, accident, etc you want to give GPS how do you find the birds current GPS quickly.

I know you can take a pic and extract it later but anyway to find it straight away?

Maybe someone knows how to do it now but I don't.
It would be nice!
If you had the drone-mods UAV locator you can call the # and it sends you a text message back to your phone with the exact GPS coordinates of your UAV. I just looked on their website but I don't see it for sale any longer... not sure if they are not selling at all or just out of stock since I don't see any listings except to renew the service plan.
I love mine. When I'm not using on my UAV I put it in luggage when traveling or in one of my older vehicles in case it would get stolen I could track it down.
YouTube demo video if found...

Last edited:
The DJI Go Ap does not report it but if you snap an image the data on the image will have that information.

Litchi is a solid solution to this problem.

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
One more reason I'll probably end up getting a regular P4P controller and a good tablet or Crystal Sky monitor one day... I do like the P4P+ screen brightness and no cables that I have now but unless later on down the road DJI opens up more options/3rd party apps to use on the + controller might have to go the other way. Sure wish the + controller would have a SIM card for direct WiFi and give you options to store pics/video on SD card in the controller.

On iOS it is under settings. See pic:
f4244e2c06d097a4ae99ee4abf579534.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94