Anyone work for DroneBase with the Phantom 3 Std. or any other Model?

DrondBase is a professional outfit. However, to be successful with them you need to utilize their training system which is basically going through an online treatise and then executing a training job (your own home for example) and submitting to them. If they approve you are granted a "badge" for that level of service. Interactions with their staff are robust once you get a job. You aren't going to get rich as a pilot for them unless there is a lot of work in your area. Don't really know if there are any other companies that contract independents like us. I fly a Phantom 4 Pro. Hope this helps.

Reactions: MTO and Phtm3
DrondBase is a professional outfit. However, to be successful with them you need to utilize their training system which is basically going through an online treatise and then executing a training job (your own home for example) and submitting to them. If they approve you are granted a "badge" for that level of service. Interactions with their staff are robust once you get a job. You aren't going to get rich as a pilot for them unless there is a lot of work in your area. Don't really know if there are any other companies that contract independents like us. I fly a Phantom 4 Pro. Hope this helps.
Yes, I am going through that training now. I’d like to contact you with more specific questions if that’s OK?
at first they would not accept my phantom 3 and now they are. They are flooding me with courses and telling me there is high demand. Thanks for the info.

How is DroneBase ?
Any other companies out there?
I’ve had pretty good experiences with Dronebase, don’t know about the P3, I have a P4 and P4P. I don’t get a ton of work, but for me, it makes this a hobby that more than pays for itself.
DB works great for me because I’m actually a general contractor and the drone thing is my side hustle. I wouldn’t expect to make a living off of them.

Reactions: Phtm3
I’ve had pretty good experiences with Dronebase, don’t know about the P3, I have a P4 and P4P. I don’t get a ton of work, but for me, it makes this a hobby that more than pays for itself.
DB works great for me because I’m actually a general contractor and the drone thing is my side hustle. I wouldn’t expect to make a living off of them.
Good to hear.

I wonder if their onboarding badge/ authorization is actually looked at by a real person?
I completed my training missions and immediately received authorization and on the waiting list for missions in my area. Not sure if my training mission was reviewed. Almost seems like it was an automatic generated email... any ideas?

I wonder if their onboarding badge/ authorization is actually looked at by a real person?
I completed my training missions and immediately received authorization and on the waiting list for missions in my area. Not sure if my training mission was reviewed. Almost seems like it was an automatic generated email... any ideas?
It was reviewed. And their computer knows you’re authorized, so if missions become available in your area, your name should come up.

Don't know if DB has changed their format or not for awarding work. I worked with them when I first started almost 3 years ago. At that time, they awarded jobs on a 1st-come-1st-served basis. If you weren't sitting there with your finger on the button on the phone app, you didn't get much work. I'm in an area with lots of remote pilots all hungry for work, so most of what I caught was the rejects that no one else wanted (longer drives, lower pay). I did that for 2-3 months and moved on. For me, their work hit the "race to the bottom" description. Was good experience though. I learned how to fly in difficult circumstances (in the trees close to obstructions) on insurance jobs.

Don't know if DB has changed their format or not for awarding work. I worked with them when I first started almost 3 years ago. At that time, they awarded jobs on a 1st-come-1st-served basis. If you weren't sitting there with your finger on the button on the phone app, you didn't get much work. I'm in an area with lots of remote pilots all hungry for work, so most of what I caught was the rejects that no one else wanted (longer drives, lower pay). I did that for 2-3 months and moved on. For me, their work hit the "race to the bottom" description. Was good experience though. I learned how to fly in difficult circumstances (in the trees close to obstructions) on insurance jobs.
That has been my experience also. In fact, I was reading the requirements for a mission this morning and when I got to the bottom to hit the "Accept" button, it told me It had been taken by someone else. I can also almost guarantee that if you refuse too many missions OR aren't active enough to suit them, they WILL drop you from the rolls and you won't even SEE jobs that are available unless you contact them and ask WTH. Their concern for you as a pilot is absolutely zero and they WILL have missions that require you to violate FAA rules to complete. I am researching to see if there are other companies that offer something similar but so far not much luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT