Anyone using skins on their p4p?

Just ordered mine. I liked the urban camo but hate the idea of it getting lost in the leaves.
I chose the spiderman one.

I just made a custom skin on Decal Girl. It is my aerial company logos and colors, so no one else would want it. In a post above I said I had issues figuring out how to do what I wanted.

I called DG, on Friday, like I did when I was stumped on my P3P version. This time instead of giving me an on-line formatting option, they told me to do what I wanted, I would have to do it in PhotoShop. They said they would email me a PS template. Those that are good in PS, (not me) that's an option. They did not send the file Friday.

I really needed to get the design done this weekend, to get the wrap in time for an upcoming event. I would probably have a self taught learning curve in PS. So I did a deep dive into DG editing options and figured it out. DG is highly customization if thats what you want.

Interesting, I ordered what I thought was a Neon Green from DecalGirl for my mavic 2 zoom, it wasn't even close to the color displayed on the site, it was a Pea Green color, I sent it back and said I wanted a Neon or Blaze Green or Orange, they sent back and said their equipment wouldn't cut those colors?? So I'm still looking for a supplier that I can get one of these colors from. Anyone out there know if there is a site that might have them? I personally think those two colors are the most visible to find your drone in most conditions...

Came in today from decalgirl. Took about a half hour to install. i like it. Looks good with the dark gray p4 props from "p4 black" ....something different then all white!

Anyways site has lots of designs, looks to be good quality. Paid around 27 bucks with shipping
Not to create an argument, but I do not see the point of the skin. Perhaps fro cheaper drones yes, but for these professional grade drones I feel like the skin would kill the vibe. I mean, could you imagine someone being hired for a professional film set and the man comes with an Inspire 2 with an X7 camera and its all decked out with skins and stuff. I fell like it takes away the professional aspect of the drone. Just my opinion though; I think the glossy all white finish makes it look really nice.

Not to create an argument, but I do not see the point of the skin. Perhaps fro cheaper drones yes, but for these professional grade drones I feel like the skin would kill the vibe. I mean, could you imagine someone being hired for a professional film set and the man comes with an Inspire 2 with an X7 camera and its all decked out with skins and stuff. I fell like it takes away the professional aspect of the drone. Just my opinion though; I think the glossy all white finish makes it look really nice.
Personally, I see nothing professional about the look of a phantom - I think they look like a toy and the fact that stock photos of them have been used over the last 6 years in every negative news report about quads, regardless of what quad was actually involved, lends to the negative image quads still have have as a whole. Sure, a hello Kitty skin will not improve the looks or add to professionalism, but there are many that greatly improve the appearance and immediately remove the stigma of that big white thing that everyone thinks is going to invade their privacy while bringing an airliner down that's going to crash into their baby. Countless videos on YouTube where strangers pull up and scream at pilots and call the cops always feature a white phantom. A Mavic looks professional. An inspire looks professional. The black phantom looks professional. The Matrice and even the Flame Wheel look professional, but the bright white phantom, in my opinion, looks like it came off the shelf of toys r us. I've got a skin on my p4 and it vastly improves the look - people ask me what it is instead of immediately know what it is, with all the stigma attached. But, it collects dust now as the Mavic 2 Pro comes everywhere instead anyway...

Personally, I see nothing professional about the look of a phantom - I think they look like a toy and the fact that stock photos of them have been used over the last 6 years in every negative news report about quads, regardless of what quad was actually involved, lends to the negative image quads still have have as a whole. Sure, a hello Kitty skin will not improve the looks or add to professionalism, but there are many that greatly improve the appearance and immediately remove the stigma of that big white thing that everyone thinks is going to invade their privacy while bringing an airliner down that's going to crash into their baby. Countless videos on YouTube where strangers pull up and scream at pilots and call the cops always feature a white phantom. A Mavic looks professional. An inspire looks professional. The black phantom looks professional. The Matrice and even the Flame Wheel look professional, but the bright white phantom, in my opinion, looks like it came off the shelf of toys r us. I've got a skin on my p4 and it vastly improves the look - people ask me what it is instead of immediately know what it is, with all the stigma attached. But, it collects dust now as the Mavic 2 Pro comes everywhere instead anyway...
I hear you on the idea that it scares people. But isn't the only reason it scares people because they know its a really nice Phantom drone ;)

I hear you on the idea that it scares people. But isn't the only reason it scares people because they know its a really nice Phantom drone ;)
They are - that's for sure. One of the most solid quads I've ever owned. Great in the wind, great quality gimbal and camera - it's a good machine. I just have always hated the shape and color. A lot of people like it... I came from scratch building quads, so it was always taboo in my circles to fly a phantom. You just don't get the quality anywhere else though - you're not building a platform that stable and reliable, with all the features for under $5k (at least not back then). So, I bit the bullet a couple years ago and got one. I really enjoyed it. I'm in love with the mavic now - that thing looks like a quad to me. Not as wind resistant as the phantom, but the stability is superb and I get more range with the stock antennas than I did with the 12dbi antenna I installed on the phantom, which is really nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20