Anyone try: Polar Pro DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Filter pack?

Reaction score
I came across these online and ordered them but I am wondering who all has used them and if they are decent?
1136405.jpg

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._frame2_0_fpv_quadcopter_filter.html/mode/edu

Someone told me that the weight make the gimbal not work good...
I was wondering that but they are only 0.24 ounces so it shouldn't interfere with the camera's gimbal system at all. If anyone else is interested in them, I have ordered them and will do a side by side shots when they arrive so everyone can see the difference. And maybe even a video of the gimbal with it on there so people can see that as well. I pretty sure with them only being 0.24 oz each the gimbal will be just fine. I'm kinda stoked to be able to use the ND Filter while flying. Those who dont know what that is here is the difference when using a ND Filter.

darwin_polarizer.jpg

Without Filter-------------------------------------------------------------With Filter

Reactions: Nerius and StevenQX
I've been looking at these too. Curious if they will effect the gimbal.
I think at $50 they're a bit pricey also.
I'll be following this thread and wait for your review CoolClownFish! Thanks.

Reactions: CoolClownFish
I've been looking at these too. Curious if they will effect the gimbal.
I think at $50 they're a bit pricey also.
I'll be following this thread and wait for your review CoolClownFish! Thanks.

No problem. I thought the price was just a bit high too but if you compare it to other filters it's really not. My set for my canon with the same filters as these was $150 so I'm happy if they are good quality.

Reactions: AmosMoses
No problem. I thought the price was just a bit high too but if you compare it to other filters it's really not. My set for my canon with the same filters as these was $150 so I'm happy if they are good quality.
Unfortunately if I want that I've to pay triple because of 60$ delivery and 50$ taxes...

Funny, The wife just called to say they arrived today and I am planning on getting some footage with them this Sunday if the rain stops. Mother nature needs a Midol and a box of chocolates here in Utah. lol

Funny, The wife just called to say they arrived today and I am planning on getting some footage with them this Sunday if the rain stops. Mother nature needs a Midol and a box of chocolates here in Utah. lol
I'm looking forward to see some results of your test CCF, thanks! I'm still in love with my P2v+

Reactions: CoolClownFish
I got a set, will try to test on weekend. The first impression: not the best quality, fitting is very tight, even partially fit requires not so small force and filters inner plastic holders became partially cut by this.

I got a set, will try to test on weekend. The first impression: not the best quality, fitting is very tight, even partially fit requires not so small force and filters inner plastic holders became partially cut by this.
It will be good to have 2 different reviews since so many want to see how they work.

Reactions: StevenQX
Tested PolarPro Neutral Density 2-Stop filter today: and generally I like results, but with some problems. As I wrote earlier, filter fits very tight, so after seeing video on my computer, I suppose I didn't fit filter fully: in video are seen blink circle from lenses into filter glass (I suppose). It better seen in lower right and left parts, not so visible in sky area. In my opinion, result is not acceptable. After seeing video, carefully cut a bit of little holding plastic tabs inside filter with knife, and now filter seem fits fully and more comfortable, so hope blinks will be gone. So need to do another test ;) .
This is video from today flight (nothing special, just test flight. Also no edit, straight from Phantom, only made video shorter). Please take a look:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: StevenQX
Tested PolarPro Neutral Density 2-Stop filter today: and generally I like results, but with some problems. As I wrote earlier, filter fits very tight, so after seeing video on my computer, I suppose I didn't fit filter fully: in video are seen blink circle from lenses into filter glass (I suppose). It better seen in lower right and left parts, not so visible in sky area. In my opinion, result is not acceptable. After seeing video, carefully cut a bit of little holding plastic tabs inside filter with knife, and now filter seem fits fully and more comfortable, so hope blinks will be gone. So need to do another test ;) .
This is video from today flight (nothing special, just test flight. Also no edit, straight from Phantom, only made video shorter). Please take a look:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks for posting, I am interested in the filters too. I see the horizon is lower on left side, is there more weight on the left side of filter attachment? Also, any gimbal issues ?

Regarding horizon, it's gimabal problem (just noted: need to do advanced calibration to try to fix this): filter has no effect on this.

Regarding horizon, it's gimabal problem (just noted: need to do advanced calibration to try to fix this): filter has no effect on this.
Well about this I think I can help you, I've achieved a perfect level horizon with these steps:

- take a square flat table and make it level perfectly with paper on the corner or what you prefer. Measure with a level straight and diagonal to be sure that is perfectly level

- put phantom on it without battery and with the level on the top of the propellers screw the phantom should be leveled.

- then put the battery in it, with the weight of the battery (needed to do the imu cal) the phantom will not be leveled and you should use paper on the bottom of the legs to achieve a perfectly level phantom

At the end with the table leveled and phantom leveled with battery, start the PC and immediately the IMU calibration. My result has been really great with phantom stable on yaw and gimbal leveled perfectly.

Reactions: Nerius

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31