Anyone try any of these?

Reaction score
Storkplate.com - Thinking of trying the Stork Box or the Stork Drop Hook for something different for my P4P. Using gimble as trigger - although not sure if it could or would cause harm to the gimble motor. Anyone try something like this or have thoughts?

Last edited:
Link would make it easier to decide. Wouldn’t trust anything hanging from the gimbal.

Link would make it easier to decide. Wouldn’t trust anything hanging from the gimbal.
Nothing hanging from gimble - when you click the gimble down trigger it hits the release button on the device which drops the payload.

Gotcha, similar to the Gannet I use. The button I push (C1) is for the headlights. The advantage of the Gannett is that it will release by tension if tangled or pulled

Reactions: DoomMeister
Gotcha, similar to the Gannet I use. The button I push (C1) is for the headlights. The advantage of the Gannett is that it will release by tension if tangled or pulled
Yes I'm also considering a motorized air drop utilizing the light as a swtch. Learning towards the Stork Box as this is just something to mess around with and $40 for the Stork Box or $30 for the Stork Plate vs. $200 for the Gannet is more in line for what I'd be willing to pay for this functionality. Also the box drop has more options I think than just releasing whatever payload I can attach to the end of a string. Easier to fly a distance with and release and no battery needed. Could even program flying to a location I have programmed and dropping automatically when over target area via Litche or Drone Harmony by programming gimble to go -90 degree at target delivery location. Still not sure how well the Stork devices will work, but for $30-$40 hard to go wrong I think.

Reactions: Capt KO
Yes I'm also considering a motorized air drop utilizing the light as a swtch. Learning towards the Stork Box as this is just something to mess around with and $40 for the Stork Box or $30 for the Stork Plate vs. $200 for the Gannet is more in line for what I'd be willing to pay for this functionality. Also the box drop has more options I think than just releasing whatever payload I can attach to the end of a string. Easier to fly a distance with and release and no battery needed. Could even program flying to a location I have programmed and dropping automatically when over target area via Litche or Drone Harmony by programming gimble to go -90 degree at target delivery location. Still not sure how well the Stork devices will work, but for $30-$40 hard to go wrong I think.
What is the weight limit a Phantom P4P can safely fly? And what’s the weight if the Stork Box?

What is the weight limit a Phantom P4P can safely fly? And what’s the weight if the Stork Box?
Not positive but think the stork box and stork plate recommend limiting to around a pound. Think the lift limit on the P4P is below 2 lbs.

Storkplate.com - Thinking of trying the Stork Box or the Stork Drop Hook for something different for my P4P. Using gimble as trigger - although not sure if it could or would cause harm to the gimble motor. Anyone try something like this or have thoughts?
I would not attach anything to the gimbal, gimbal motor will over compensate for the weight burning up the motors. You can use a micro linear actuator and a cheap 2nd radio or push button remote fob.

I would not attach anything to the gimbal, gimbal motor will over compensate for the weight burning up the motors. You can use a micro linear actuator and a cheap 2nd radio or push button remote fob.
If you look at what it is -nothing is attached to gimble. It is a very light trigger mechanism that when you point the camera down 90 degrees the camera touches the trigger and payload is released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav