Anyone struggle pulling P4 battery out??

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just now thought to post about this even though it's a daily struggle for me. I have the hardest time pulling the battery out of my Phantom. Part of me at times thinks maybe this is a good thing with all the stories i hear about batteries falling out mid flight but still what a pain. I have 3 batteries and they all do this. I don't care to find a solution really as like i said its probably a good problem to have. I just had to ask if anyone else struggles with this.

Thanks!

-RP

Hey all!

I just now thought to post about this even though it's a daily struggle for me. I have the hardest time pulling the battery out of my Phantom. Part of me at times thinks maybe this is a good thing with all the stories i hear about batteries falling out mid flight but still what a pain. I have 3 batteries and they all do this. I don't care to find a solution really as like i said its probably a good problem to have. I just had to ask if anyone else struggles with this.

Thanks!

-RP
Can you see any visable mark where its rubbing,,if it's all batterys something might have shifted the battery box offset,,I did have issue with p4 one that made me crack side of shell trying to pull battery out,I think I just put up with it till it free up,,you could try ontiment of some kind inside drone battery box,might slide better

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Hey all!

Thanks!

-RP

Check the obvious , and see if your using a battery that is swelling.
If not better to have a tight battery than a loose one, that is by far the bigger threat.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

Hey all!

Thanks!

-RP

I have the same situation with one of my batteries for my P4. Thought it was swollen, but it looks the same as the others. Obviously, something is different. I have 3 batteries, so I just don't use that one now. The other 2 are just fine. Weird!!!
So many times I have charged my batteries, and when it was time to fly, it was either too windy, or had to do something else....a real disappointment.

Check the obvious , and see if your using a battery that is swelling.
If not better to have a tight battery than a loose one, that is by far the bigger threat.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

I should have mentioned this before but all 3 of these batteries are fairly new. Less than 15 charge cycles each. Again,hasnt really been the problem it's just annoying at times when it takes me 30 seconds to remove the battery out.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
The easy way is using two hands. Thumbs of both hands on the bottom latch and forfingers on the top latch. Outside of palms press against the rear arms. The extra leverage pops the battery right out. It also helps to let the battery cool for several minutes to shrink to normal size. Works every time. Take care

Hey all!

Thanks!

-RP
I would try inserting a battery that is charged but had time to cool fully. Then check to see how easy/difficult it is to slide out. Then fly the drone and see if the battery is more difficult to remove when it is hot. I have one battery that does this and I am cautious when using it in case it is beginning to deteriorate.
In your case the batteries are virtually new so I would be surprised if they are swelling.

Hey all!

Thanks!

-RP
I was was flying a P4P hard on a hot day last month (though not extraordinarily hot) and had much difficulty removing the battery until I held the aircraft in front of an A/C vent to cool things off. The battery was visibly swollen and I could not see through its cooling vents. The next flight's battery that day did the same thing. AirData showed the hottest battery temperatures ever and repeated deviations on one cell of each battery. Subsequent fights with other batteries have had no problems thankfully. Out of an abundance of caution, I won't use these batteries again except in an emergency. DJI placards the battery to make sure the cooling vents are clear and unobstructed. If you can't see through them, you can expect to have overheating and swelling problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic