Anyone shooting stereoscopic images/video?

Reaction score
I have the Gopro HD Hero 1 stereoscopic rig. I am thinking of rigging up stereo FPV for my Phantom. Anyone tried this? It seems like a wider lens spacing might be needed for depth perception at greater distances. What transmitters and receivers should I consider. What glasses work in stereo?

I have used stereoscopic shootings with 2 gopros 1 but they are to close to make a decent effect. So I have used 2 gopro3 black edition but the link cable that I have used with the gopro1 doesn't work with black edition, anyway after several flights I have had too many issues so now I am building a special bar with two contours so I can choose the distance I need. Regarding POV actually I am monitoring just 1 camera I don't think you can find 3d glasses, anyway you'll need 2 transmitters to send 2 streams, the total weight should be too much at the end, not to mention power consumption.

I think the hero1 or 2 3D housing with 2 cams would be a bit too heavy for good flying performance out of a phantom. I am looking into making a DIY 2 cam mount for my 3 black cams as the main reason I got 2 was hoping that a 3d housing would come at some point but it hasnt.

I think my setup will be quite a simple mount with cams mounted the same way up giving so the lens spacing will be more closer to the gap we have with our eyes. This will improve the distant depth but will hurt anything very close to the camera, FPV wise I will just have one cam set for this as trying to send stereospcopic images out of a gopro setup in FPV using a phantom would be pushing its weight using 2 transmitters and then somehow turning these into a single stereoscopic image.

I have seen a guy shoot some pretty cool quad 3D footage including this video that is just amazing flying. :eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPDD3kyzgFM[/youtube]

There are some people looking into making the Oculus rift into a 3D FPV headset which would be very cool but they have a long way to go still.

Check this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1644240

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr