Anyone recommend a Phantom 3 Standard Case? under $100?

Well my MCM case just came in today and mines does not fit the standard with props on without having to put force on the lid to close. I took out all the foam layers and with the props on it does not close.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
What model did you buy?

Testing my deep case now. Leaving the bottom foam in gets it just about flush with the top of the bottom half of the case with the props on. The egg crate type foam in the top just puts a little pressure on it when its closed.
M8s9WyR.jpg

J8s19Bq.jpg

N0RzLOH.jpg

...time to start laying out the accessories

That looks exactly like the case I bought in eBay. No pressure on lid. It's is perfect fit with props on. I do look at props. And I have never touched a single item with them. So inspected repeatedly unless you hit some is paranoia. I will change anyway after so many flights. But they are plastic and cheap so no problem. But no way am I removing them after every flight. The manual does not say to do this either. Really nice cases here. Mine has a lock and key. If only it would work.

Yea I want a case where I don't have to remove the props all the time either. Backpack style would be nice though as this case is pretty big anyway and I would rather have to carry it on my back. Also would need it to fit a controller with dbs panel. Any other recommendations while I get ready to ship this one back??

Yea I want a case where I don't have to remove the props all the time either. Backpack style would be nice though as this case is pretty big anyway and I would rather have to carry it on my back. Also would need it to fit a controller with dbs panel. Any other recommendations while I get ready to ship this one back??

That's odd. I have the same MCM case with props on and DBS panel. I remove the foam layer under the lid to fit everything inside; no force to close it. You can see the pictures in post #4 of this thread.

Yea I tried peeking inside while I closed it and could see the top of the case tilting the phantom when I pressed down. I'm sure if I removed the rubber pads from the bottom of the plane it could fit but that's doing to much.

New guy here. Thanks for posting this thread. I need to get something for my P3A that will be arriving Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testing my deep case now. Leaving the bottom foam in gets it just about flush with the top of the bottom half of the case with the props on. The egg crate type foam in the top just puts a little pressure on it when its closed.
M8s9WyR.jpg

J8s19Bq.jpg

N0RzLOH.jpg

...time to start laying out the accessories
Man, I'd love this case!

But I am in the UK which makes cases like these hard to find (most of them are over priced)

Where did you get this?

Has anyone found a cheap case in the UK if possible? I can't seem to find any apart from the cheapo bags and DJI clone cases on eBay.

I'd like a plastic case but they're either too small or too expensive..

The only problem I can see is when you close the lid and tilt the case to carry it - the motors are taking some of the pressure/weight of the quad by resting up against the foam/lid. I would try to find a velcro strap to somehow hold the quad down secure so it can't move about or rattle slightly inside the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31