Anyone on v01.00.20.00? Review of Occusync 2.0

Reaction score
Hey all, got my work bonus, and grabbing the p4 v2 as my Christmas gift to myself.

Looking for any feedback on Occusync 2.0 since it was in that upgrade.

Did v2 bump the range equal to the MP2 or is the limitation hardware?
According to DJI specs M2 has slightly greater transmission distance with less latency. I haven’t flown anywhere near the limits on either so can’t say from actual use. Both will take you a long way outside VLOS with good signal and very nice FPV quality.

According to DJI specs M2 has slightly greater transmission distance with less latency. I haven’t flown anywhere near the limits on either so can’t say from actual use. Both will take you a long way outside VLOS with good signal and very nice FPV quality.

Yea that’s kind of why I was asking as I’m not sure if the ocusync is a different hardware all together or if the update changed the software to push the same limits as the MP2

Yea that’s kind of why I was asking as I’m not sure if the ocusync is a different hardware all together or if the update changed the software to push the same limits as the MP2
What difference will it make? Your needing to operate at the limits of range? Wondering if you could flash occusync to a pre V2 P4?

What difference will it make? Your needing to operate at the limits of range? Wondering if you could flash occusync to a pre V2 P4?

It makes every bit of difference if you’re looking for the best quality downlink, reception & distance. Which I am ;)

You won’t notice any difference unless your flying at the extremes of range- otherwise you wouldn’t be able to pick the difference.

I absolutely think I would notice a difference especially coming from the Mavic Air & lightbridge or even the first version of Ocusync if the quoted range is better. As in similar areas where you have a higher quality connection it would make an impact

Now since I am a long range flyer I don’t want old hardware so this is why I’m asking if the 1km quoted difference is from hardware OR has the 2.0 update increased the quoted max range to match that of the MP2 based on a firmware/software? If DJI used first gen hardware to keep the MP2 as the current flagship then i’ll 100% wait for the next gen Phantom. If software was the limiter then I’m on board with the v2 with ocusync

Last edited:
I absolutely think you would notice a difference especially coming from the Mavic Air & lightbridge or even the first version of Ocusync if the quoted range is better in similar areas where you have a higher quality connection.

Now since I am a long range flyer I don’t want old hardware so this is why I’m asking if the 1km quoted difference is from hardware OR has the 2.0 update increased the quoted max range to match that of the MP2 based on a firmware/software?
Agreed... V2 P4 and M2P are both significantly (noticeably) better than earlier implementations.

Reactions: DesJardins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav