Anyone here going to get a Inspire 1?

csauer52 said:
IMO - it won't be very long before we begin hearing stories of cameras being smashed to bits with folks flying Inspires because:

1) They forget to put down the landing gear
2) They go wonky during flight and come down hard on the camera h/w.

Just my opinion but I can easily see it happening....

I am not sure 1) is even possible. It's my understanding the gear comes down automatically once the Optical Flow sensor kicks in. You could raise it up again, but then it's solely the pilot's fault. :)

Too small of a sample size to see 2) as a possibility just yet. But the thing flies very fast (50 MPH!), so I could see pilot error contributing to this, as well.

Julius717 said:
I think the inspire is to much for the standard phantom user.

People complaining about the price point should stick with the phantom line. Inspire in my opinion is for the more advanced flyer.

The 4k camera and 1080 feedback is awesome. I have an Inspire on order as well should be here in a couple weeks I hope. awaiting shipment from my local hobby store.

At 3400$ I'm sure DJI has done plenty of testing to insure the functionality of this model.

Well you better go over to the Inspire site and look at the video posted from Malaysia flyer. Awful jello effect. Not sure the Inspire is ready for prime time

Prylar Bek said:
Julius717 said:

People complaining about the price point should stick with the phantom line. Inspire in my opinion is for the more advanced flyer.

The 4k camera and 1080 feedback is awesome. I have an Inspire on order as well should be here in a couple weeks I hope. awaiting shipment from my local hobby store.

At 3400$ I'm sure DJI has done plenty of testing to insure the functionality of this model.

Well you better go over to the Inspire site and look at the video posted from Malaysia flyer. Awful jello effect. Not sure the Inspire is ready for prime time
I really think your being smug about the inspires price point. Why do you think dji would test this anymore than they have with the other models ? They've had their share problem with their top of the line models. And what's the problem about complaint about the price point ? If I'm going to spend 3 ground on this I want it to be right , not half assed . Look at the problems coming out the vision v3 motor / esc. Wouldn't you think that would of been tested ? Or do you think dji is going to test the inspire more since its a " advanced flyer " model.

I'm at a total loss of what to do...I gifted my P2 Vision to someone who lost hers during a SAR mission in order that she continue her work in helping save lives My P1 went to a new Inspire owner (not yet delivered) to practice his flying skills.. I kept the GoPro (with it's OSTRC "normal" lens) and have flown a beta version of the Inspire. I love the new lens on my GoPro, loved the Vision with the Android App, but the camera, meh and I have decided the Inspire, though it would be hands down my choice if I could afford it is out of my price range. So I am in a quandary. What to buy and fly? The P2 with Zenmuse and my GoPro? Ok I suppose but the Apps for the Vision and Inspire have spoiled me rotten. Or, should I just plain forget it and play solitaire.

Julius717 said:

I do agree the average user needs to think if they really are going to use half the potential.
It will be easy enough to learn to fly and get decent results you can post on youtube - but you can do that with a phantom at half the cost.

I'm going to wait and see what the Phantom 3 has in store :cool:

worldsoutro, not sure. Perhaps it'll be an announcement at the upcoming CES show.

Word is... SOMETHING fairly substantial will be coming from DJI out of CES... stay tuned kids...

-slinger

Beyond the handheld gimbal? Would be amazing to see DJI actually keep a secret this long (yeah the handheld was a neat surprise, but it's more of a cool accessory rather than a substantial announcement)

So that's about 6 Inspire 1's between 5 people, lol.

I fly for fun, not money. My money would be wasted on an Inspire 1. An Inspire 1 would be wasted on me. Unless I won the lottery of course :D

I might consider the Inspire knock off, but DJI hasn't impressed me. It has been three weeks awaiting a reply to two identical emails.

I see at least two have come down with legs up breaking the camera attachment mainly.
I don't think DJI support have been overly impressive, in fact it doesn't sound like any spare parts are available yet.
This was also the case with the Vision Plus camera/gimbal for several weeks after introduction.

4wd said:
I see at least two have come down with legs up breaking the camera attachment mainly.
I don't think DJI support have been overly impressive, in fact it doesn't sound like any spare parts are available yet.
This was also the case with the Vision Plus camera/gimbal for several weeks after introduction.

Great 'fail safe' design huh? You'd think there would have been something designed in that would have automatically deployed the legs so that the most obviously fragile part of the bird would have been protected...but NOOOOOO, DJI knows better. I'd be pissed

If I had three grand just sitting in a pile, I would go pay bills with it!
My P2V works nice.
It is the #@$%^%$ winter that is the problem.

gunslinger said:
Word is... SOMETHING fairly substantial will be coming from DJI out of CES... stay tuned kids...

-slinger

So much for that... I apparently got some erroneous info... :oops: :oops: :oops:

-slinger

Anyone know that in the owner's manual, it says that the inspire 1 must be sent back to DJI after every 50 hours of flight.

On page three of that manual, it states:

Maintenance and Upkeep
. .
. . .

4. Return the Inspire 1 to the factory for upkeep after every 50 hours of flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl