Anyone heard of this?

There are a few threads about it. On the top right corner of the page, tap on the magnifying glass and type the subject words and tap search.
I remember a member a couple weeks ago talking about NLD.
I believe it works with most DJI drones Except Phantom 3’s.

Reactions: lasersbee
There are a few threads about it. On the top right corner of the page, tap on the magnifying glass and type the subject words and tap search.
I remember a member a couple weeks ago talking about NLD.
I believe it works with most DJI drones Except Phantom 3’s.
Thanks, I don't really plan on using it with my Phantom 4 but I'm getting a different controller and not sure if I'll have to update the firmware or not. My P4 is still running firmware from Dec of 2016.

Not affiliated with nor have I used this, just wondering if anyone has any first hand information on it.
It’s big in MavicPilots and have a closed section for it that you have to check a box in your account settings to even see it. Some use it to hack theirs so all restrictions such as height, flying in NFZ’s are disabled. You can do other things with it also. I have never looked in it other than Mod threads.
Heres the forums policy on it just so you know.
16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

NLD has been around for some time. I have one p4p that was modified through their system for height restriction so I have the ability to fly a bit farther up the side of a mountain. Also changed the decent speed to get back down a little faster. It has worked well for its intended purpose.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks. Yeah I have no interest in higher altitude or speed, was just curious about the firmware roll back feature. Like I said my P4 is running an older firmware version, maybe... 601 - not with my P4 at the moment so I can't say exactly what firmware. My gl300c controller messed up and I'm getting a gl658c and I'm afraid I'll have to update everything in order to get it to pair.. Hope not.

I have had a pairing issue with what you’re describing, but only one time.
Leave every thing alone and try it. Post results later please. The GL658C does help.

Thanks. Yeah I have no interest in higher altitude or speed, was just curious about the firmware roll back feature. Like I said my P4 is running an older firmware version, maybe... 601 - not with my P4 at the moment so I can't say exactly what firmware. My gl300c controller messed up and I'm getting a gl658c and I'm afraid I'll have to update everything in order to get it to pair.. Hope not.
I suggest NOT updating firmware. Once you do you can't go back, and what you'll get is more restrictions. There are no serious problems with the old firmware. The only problem with P4 is the range is detuned, and using a GL658 controller fixes that, which is what I did. NLD may be able to help by telling you which version remote firmware is a match for your current craft firmware, and help guide you with if your have any issues.

Reactions: Capt KO
OK fellas. The GL658C DID link to my P4, but when I went to do a test start (no props) it gave me a warning about firmware inconsistent. Any thoughts? Thanks

That could be a simple battery notification.
Also could be the firmware isn’t matching between the aircraft and controller.
Hit the ignore button and fly it.

It's a controller firmware inconsistent message. It says update in overall status. Of course I'm afraid to do that in fear of having to update the P4 firmware as well. Thanks

Does anyone know if the firmware on the GL658C is downgradeable? Meaning if I try an update for the controller and it's not compatible, can it be reversed?

GOT IT!! I updated the firmware for the GL658C only (from 1.5. 70 to 1.7.80) and voila!! Thanks for the help guys. Gonna do a test flight in the morning, it's been a year or so since I flown so this test flight will only be local to my field /pasture. Not going any distance until I recalibrate the imu and double check my settings.

Reactions: Starz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic