Anyone have a 3D *and* a 2D ?

Great work, Chris.
I did pretty much what you did - except I had some smaller black vibration dampers from an anti-jello mounting plate that I got from ebay prior to going down the gimbal path.
I took those off and mounted them above the gimbal, then used the white stock Zenmuse vibration balls. No drilling, though I already had installed the longer landing gear.
Mine performs exactly like yours and I also found no strain on the motors when I put the PolarPro ND filter on.
Seriously happy with it - just wish that I could take it out for a fly (it's raining here today).
Great work again mate and thanks for sharing.

wkf94025 said:
Thanks BC. Agree on the post-op recovery protocol.

Jaybee, how goes it with your Franken-gimbal?

Kelly
I sent my 3D back and got a refund. Was getting an interference audio tone and crazy jello, even with an ND filter -- this was before I tired this mod. When I tried the mod, the gimbal behaved weird so I just gave up on it. Spent days pissing about with that 3D. Massive disappointment.

The supplier tested it and found nothing wrong with it, no jello, no audio tone. However they tested it with a newer Phantom 2 (with larger hole).

Not sure why it work perfectly with a newer P2? If you check my footage in the video below, look at the correlation with the audio tones and jello (at the 00:05 mark, grass in shot).

https://vimeo.com/95396632 (password: jaybee123)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers