ANYONE GET PROPULSION ERRORS WHEN FLYING!?!?!

Reaction score
Hey, I've been flying a long time and have over 300 flights on my current Phantom 3 Pro. I've never experienced this error message before until about three weeks ago. I've experienced it 3 times now, the last occurrence was today. Has anyone ever seen this error message and/or knows what it means?:

Propulsion output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery.

Any input, advise, suggestions, knowledge, etc., would be helpful.
Thanks,
DJI Flyer

What were the battery levels?

No.... havent seen it.

Any more info you can share, like battery percentaage, cell balance, battery age cycle count, ambiemt temp, what yiu were doing when messsage displayed etc...

No.... havent seen it.

Any more info you can share, like battery percentaage, cell balance, battery age cycle count, ambiemt temp, what yiu were doing when messsage displayed etc...

Battery level was 94% at takeoff. Got the message and landed. Re calibrated and took off at battery level 69% received message again and landed at 54%. All three times it has happened it's been windy. Not too windy, but definitely far windier than normal conditions. On a scale of 1-10 on the wind factor, 10 being too windy to fly, it was a 7.5.

I had this error message, or message, not necessarily an error, too. I think this is part of the fix they did with the last phantom firmware that addressed the batteries issue, just my theory

This can be real dangerous, Dji too seem not able to figure it out after a long chat with the support team n finally surrendered and said will get me back in my mail as soon as they find a solution. I got this fault message somedays back while taking off which I didn't bother and further continued flying. After it was about 1.2 km away I got the message for second time n battery level went drastically down forcing my P3P to land safely half way . However got my P3P back after so much enquiring n searching.

Hey, I've been flying a long time and have over 300 flights on my current Phantom 3 Pro. I've never experienced this error message before until about three weeks ago. I've experienced it 3 times now, the last occurrence was today. Has anyone ever seen this error message and/or knows what it means?:

Any input, advise, suggestions, knowledge, etc., would be helpful.
Thanks,
DJI Flyer

I've been getting the same messages! I have over 300 flights as well, and have never seen that message until the recent firmware update. What did DJI say?

I've never gotten it and have about 100 flights. Today its cold and windy so, I may take it up late just to see if I get it.

Unfortunately I'm the next one to suffer a crash after "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery" appeared in the screen. Air temperature was around 10º Centigrades, wind about 5m/s, battery 45% when the message appeared in the screen. I tried to bring it back and at full throttle the aircraft just flew away from me. Panicked, preshed the Return Home bottom at about 400 meters from me, and the aircraft just disappeared in the sky. Two minutes later, "Critical low battery level" and landing, crashing into a mountain.

The aircraft (P3 4K) only had 1,5 months old, about 12 cycles of charge (never bellow the 25%). Latest version of firmware and Android app. After 5 long hours of search in the middle of the night, finally i was very lucky to find it 1,6Km away from the take off point, body destroyed, camera damaged....

The Battery temperature was 30ºC at the time that the message "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery" apperaed in the screen when the aircraft was in the middle of the air. Why was this message prompted? it is the first time I see it. One really strange thing was that, when I started the aircraft that day, it said Firmware update required (even though I have the latest and the place where I was flying from had no internet connexion), and after 30 seconds said Firmware update successful, which is impossible as to update firmware takes much longer, 20-30 minutes. I didn't pay attention to this... Before take off the "Aircraft warming" message appeared, then after a while said Safe to Fly.

Also I did notice something extrange that day with the remote control before that disaster flight! the remote was blinking and beeping in red for a while and then changed into green.

It seems that only very recently the users are seen this erradical behaviour of the aircraft with "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery" and the blinking red in the remote control. Could this be a case of a firmware bug?? my drone is now destroyed and it wasnt nothing wrong that I did.

I keep getting same message. DJI told me they have no idea what it is but I shouldn't fly until they figure it out. That was a month ago !!!

I've seen that message since upgrading to 1.6 but when it occurs I don't see any power reduction. I just back off on the throttle and it hasn't been a problem yet. I'm flying mostly in 65-75F temps.

I just got this message yesterday with winds of about 12-14 mph and temp of 78F. It worried me but I kept calm and just took it easy on the throttle for the rest of the flight. Battery was at about 60% when this happened... I honestly thought this was just a safety feature from the last firmware update. Should we not fly any more if this happens ??

I just got this message yesterday with winds of about 12-14 mph and temp of 78F. It worried me but I kept calm and just took it easy on the throttle for the rest of the flight. Battery was at about 60% when this happened... I honestly thought this was just a safety feature from the last firmware update. Should we not fly any more if this happens ??

It's happened to me as well and I thought it was just a safety feature too. I backed off the throttle until it went away...

It's a new feature introduced in FW 1.6 to combat cold battery voltage sags. Keep your batteries warm!

I just wanted to chime in that I got this error message too.

Conditions were cool, but not cold (about 55 F) and somewhat windy (10-15 mph) but not crazy.

Takeoff at >90%, got the message at about 60% with the drone 4000 feet away, told it to come home. It was only moving at like 5mph, and not really towards me. Drifted away from me due to wind. Got to critical battery levels but was able to guide the drone to a mostly empty parking lot and crash land it safely. Very fortunate. Very scary experience and not happy at all about it.

Why on EARTH would this be a "feature". Okay, great, let it be a feature but when the battery is critically low, by god, that should be overriden. I would much rather damage my battery than destroy my drone. Crazy.

I am writing from Argentina, I apologize for my primitive english

I am making a ship series, so most of my flights are over the river, and all my flights are about 7/10 minutes max.

My experience: Take off 50%, RC led in red and beeps everytime I power it on. Temp 23C, no wind.
I was chasing a ship, going really fast at full throttle, the propulsión message appear, I didnt care, then an alarm of "critical low Voltage the aircraft will land" and a red circle button with a X on white appears on the left upper side of the iPad screen.Tha Phantom was about 80 meters, and started to go down.
In Panic, started to push the red button, nothing happend, move all the controls and nothing, push the return to home button several times and nothing. But when the phantom reach 0 meters, about 5 meters from the water, because i was on a platform in the coast. It come back to life magically, and start flying again, battery at 35% all in less than 3/4 minutes. I bring it back, landed, came back home, update the firmware 1.7, is avialable 7 days ago. I do no test it again yet.

I think that the message "Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery" appears when full throttle only. It happend to me a lot of times, but i never pay attention to this, because no alarm.

This is the series

Serie Barcos | Facebook

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic