Anyone flying in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, northern Thailand?

Reaction score
Visiting my fav place for holiday in Thailand soon and going to spend some time in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai.
Has anyone recently flown or flies regularly? Looking for beautiful scenery. I am hoping my registration will be finished by the time I get there.
So, looking for good areas, any suggestions? I am going to take the three hour or so drive from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, looks stunning in parts. I am of course going to see parts of it from the sky.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
What a VERY LUCKY Guy..........wished i was their flying the Drone with you...what a beautiful area that is...And John i hope that the registration is finished when you get in country....OK we all sure want to see a few of the trip areas videos.....I sure do.

Enjoy the great getaway John.

I hope you get registered in time too! I looked into it before my trip over there last month and it seemed like a long process that was very difficult if you are not Thai. Please let us know how it goes. I went up highway 18 from CM towards CR and spent a few days at Limeleaf Eco Lodge, about 15k off the highway up in the hills. Sure wish I had my drone - amazing scenery, great place to spend a couple of days. Enjoy!

It is a very long and difficult process for anyone, especially farangs, deliberately so. You can employ an agency to do it for you, even from abroad, it costs, it is a few weeks but not guaranteed. I will let you know if it works out. I have done a few trips around LOS and stunning in so many places. I have chosen a hotel in CM but will look up Limeleaf Eco Lodge thanks for that chirsewal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20