Anyone find a prop balancing rod for the Phantom 4 Pro quick release props?

makneyse

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I own the Du-Bro Drone Prop Balancer but haven't found a balancing shaft that works with the quick release props (for the P4P, Advanced or V2.0 models).
I purchased Cat. No. 3388, the 3MM Balancing Shaft but that's for the Phantom 4 (not the Pro) and doesn't really fit without jamming it into the props.
I even called Du-Bro and from their understanding, they don't make one.

Has anyone found a solution elsewhere? Another company or any other kind of workaround?

Thanks for the help!

Mark

I own the Du-Bro Drone Prop Balancer but haven't found a balancing shaft that works with the quick release props (for the P4P, Advanced or V2.0 models).
I purchased Cat. No. 3388, the 3MM Balancing Shaft but that's for the Phantom 4 (not the Pro) and doesn't really fit without jamming it into the props.
I even called Du-Bro and from their understanding, they don't make one.

Has anyone found a solution elsewhere? Another company or any other kind of workaround?

Thanks for the help!

Mark
Yep, I use the master airscrew props with their screw on adaptors. They don't need balancing. As far as i am concerned, I do not trust bits of springy plastic as a way to hold propellors on

Thanks, @Pcwnz! I had not heard of those before. I'll take a look.
@JeffreyS, what do you mean? That they don't need balancing or you personally choose not to?

Thanks for the assistance.

I have this one and it's OK for P4P.
Dubro Products 6mm Drone Quadcopter Prop Balancer

But by my experience too the original DJI props do not need balancing. Maybe just for self confidence.

List Price: $39.14
Price:$29.90 + $51.84 Shipping

Reactions: JeffreyS
I know the props in the photo are wrong, but the answers to questions says they are for the Phantom 4 props. I ordered the balancer, and it does have the proper spindle for the P4P props. Besides, it's Amazon, so if it isn't right, easy return.

I also have the Du-Bro balancer so made my own shaft for my P3A props - the same method applies to any drone......
Get a couple of old, broken L/H & R/H motors, disassemble and remove (cut/machine off the shafts. These fit nicely into brass tube!
IMG_7822.jpg

It is always a good idea to check the propellers now and then as they are the major source of vibration in the drone.
Also a periodic crack check, especially at the roots isn't a bad idea either.

Reactions: makneyse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.