Anyone familiar with the Helistar brand of accessories?

Reaction score
Hey all! I recently bought some DJI branded low-noise propellers online but when I received them it turns out they were not DJI brand instead they were Helistar brand. I reached out to the seller who is also a drone pilot and he stated that this brand is official DJI accessories. Now, I know all these accessories are probably made at the same place/factory and probably just packaged different as it gets distributed but was just wondering if anybody new of this brand and its reliability. I'm kind of hesitant to use them.

Thanks!
20200720_190414.jpg

UPDATE - I just opened them up and can tell right away how cheap they are/ feel. Very flimsy and sounds like what it sounds like when you reach in a box of plastic cutlery to get plastic wear out. Also the person that sold me these was under the wrong assumption(truthfully I would have been) that these boxes contained 2 per box.. therefore needing to buy 2 boxes. To my surprise there's actually 4 propellers in there. So I now have 2 complete sets of these supposed low noise props.

Highly doubting I'm putting this on my quad. What a bummer as I was really looking forward to having a pair of these.

UPDATE - I just opened them up and can tell right away how cheap they are/ feel. Very flimsy and sounds like what it sounds like when you reach in a box of plastic cutlery to get plastic wear out. Also the person that sold me these was under the wrong assumption(truthfully I would have been) that these boxes contained 2 per box.. therefore needing to buy 2 boxes. To my surprise there's actually 4 propellers in there. So I now have 2 complete sets of these supposed low noise props.

Highly doubting I'm putting this on my quad. What a bummer as I was really looking forward to having a pair of these.
I wouldn't risk it myself

Reactions: Capt KO and ron-ep
It is written on the box that there are two pairs.
It's a pity that we can't feel the material over the net so it is impossible to tell something about that.
But if they are much different (worse) than original ones it doesn't worth to put them on.

Reactions: Capt KO
They do look the same as the ones which came with my P4Pv2.0, if you do decide to test them i'd just keep it low at first and see if there is a noticeable difference, and also see how stable it is with the new props.

Not worth it. Have same set hanging on the wall. (Along with 12 other various aftermarket sets that came with many used drones). Mounted yours to a P4 with original prop mounts and they flew off on takeoff. They stay put with the pro mounts but are prone to breakage. Don't Risk It Please

Complained to seller (with video of flyoff) and recieved refund. Did not want a bad review. Since removed from ebay. I've saved them for decorations. Make cool props for spinners on trailer reciever, using the old mounts. Most others use boat prop spinners so these make you easily recognized as a drone pilot. What else to do with 60, mostly new, bad props? Some even light up. Lol

Not worth it. Have same set hanging on the wall. (Along with 12 other various aftermarket sets that came with many used drones). Mounted yours to a P4 with original prop mounts and they flew off on takeoff. They stay put with the pro mounts but are prone to breakage. Don't Risk It Please

Complained to seller (with video of flyoff) and recieved refund. Did not want a bad review. Since removed from ebay. I've saved them for decorations. Make cool props for spinners on trailer reciever, using the old mounts. Most others use boat prop spinners so these make you easily recognized as a drone pilot. What else to do with 60, mostly new, bad props? Some even light up. Lol

Agreed. Not even risking it. I do feel a little misled because the posting said they were DJI brand and I was suspicious why he would be selling them so cheap. Oh well, lesson learned. Time to just fork out the money for the real ones.

Thanks everyone!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31