Anyone else using the Titan setup for in your car?

Reaction score
I love that set up. I can sit in the truck, and stay nice and warm. Used it twice so far, no problems. Just got it, and hope to fly four or five times a week. I haven't done a distance test with it, to see if the 10 foot cable has any effect. More testing to come. Has anyone else used it, and where there any issues/problems? I am looking forward to do a lot more flying in the cold weather with this setup.

Reactions: Brent10
I love that set up. I can sit in the truck, and stay nice and warm. Used it twice so far, no problems. Just got it, and hope to fly four or five times a week. I haven't done a distance test with it, to see if the 10 foot cable has any effect. More testing to come. Has anyone else used it, and where there any issues/problems? I am looking forward to do a lot more flying in the cold weather with this setup.
What is the setup your referring to? Link?

I flew for two miles over the ice, at 200 feet. It was 7 degrees F. Nice and warm in the truck. I love this set up. If you are in a very cold climate, or very hot one, you will like it too. I am not connected to Titan, except as a customer. This time I set the antenna on the hood. The suction cups would not hold it in place. To cold, I think.

Last edited:
I flew for two miles over the ice, at 200 feet. It was 7 degrees F. Nice and warm in the truck. I love this set up. If you are in a very cold climate, or very hot one, you will like it too. I am not connected to Titan, except as a customer. This time I set the antenna on the hood. The suction cups would not hold it in place. To cold, I think.
I think a tripod setup would be a better choice. There are various tripods to choice from. In your case would be a table top tripod with rubber feet so it does not mar the finish of your car. I saw a sUAV pilot with fixed wing ac sitting on a chair sipping coffee, left hand on his jacket pocket and right hand on the right stick. His RC antennae attached to a flat square dish on a tripod. He was flying with goggles on.

I think a tripod setup would be a better choice. There are various tripods to choice from. In your case would be a table top tripod with rubber feet so it does not mar the finish of your car. I saw a sUAV pilot with fixed wing ac sitting on a chair sipping coffee, left hand on his jacket pocket and right hand on the right stick. His RC antennae attached to a flat square dish on a tripod. He was flying with goggles on.

That sounds like it would work too..

Good luck over there. Post some of your pictures when you get back.

Reactions: bigblade
After seeing this Titan kit here's just an idea because I like to MacGyver things, what if you got a collapsible flagpole from Harbor Freight mounted it to a car hitch or truck hitch that way you can attach the antenna to the top and extended up to about 12 to 15 feet, or higher

Reactions: AnchorageAk
After seeing this Titan kit here's just an idea because I like to MacGyver things, what if you got a collapsible flagpole from Harbor Freight mounted it to a car hitch or truck hitch that way you can attach the antenna to the top and extended up to about 12 to 15 feet, or higher

To help go over trees? I wonder at what point the length on the cables come into play. All I know is anything that let's me stay warm while flying, is ok by me.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do you remove the existing antennas from the DJI controller? How hard is that? Warranty buster?

I am an old guy with a new drone, but, I like warm too.

v/r rch

Last edited:
I was just thinking for those that have a pickup truck with a sliding rear window you could take the flagpole under Tire holder put it in the bed of your truck right outside the window put a 5' 2 x12 on it and about six 40 lb bags of sand on top of the
2 x 12 that would hold it and your cable goes in the rear window.
If you wear goggles for flying you could put a mushroom antenna on a mount up on the pole and run another cable down to connect to your goggles ..Woo hoo

I have this.

Works really well.

I've put it on the windshield and ran the cables in through the sun roof of my car.

You would be surprised how far you can see out the windshield and still be V.L.O.S.!!

I was thinking that with the wife driving, we could change locations without landing.

You would have to remove existing antenna's and do a clean install of the adapter to the RC as I have done for my P3P. That being said, if you make the Mod to the RC you will need buy one of their external antenna's to use when you are not using the Titan.
P3P RC Non-Powered Antenna Mod - this extended the P3's (real range unobstructed over water to signal loss / RTH) from 3.75Km to 5.85Km

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez