anyone else get the calibrate ball

Reaction score
It's very irritating....does it in both iPad and iPhone so seems to be app related. I don't recall getting it on the previous version 1.1.1, but didn't use it much prior to upgrading to current version

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Reaction score
It's the iOS wanting to calibrate your iPad or whatever you're using.

Reaction score
It's very irritating....does it in both iPad and iPhone so seems to be app related. I don't recall getting it on the previous version 1.1.1, but didn't use it much prior to upgrading to current version
My Ipad 3 also--

Reactions: Bill7259
Reaction score
I've seen that before on my iPhone 4S. Its compass related.

Reaction score
I get that about half the time I fly the P3A. It is the iPhone compass wanting calibration. If I start the compass app the same thing happens sometimes. Might be worth trying to calibrate it through the compass app first before starting Pilot to see if that fixes it.

Reactions: Pumpfixer

jlo

Reaction score
iPad Air here, I got that once the first time I launched the pilot app.

Reaction score
That's the calibration screen for the compass app in iOS devices. Happens almost every time I open compass on my iPhone 5 & 6. Never seen it on the iPad mini 2 cellular I fly with. It doesn't have the compass app on it.

The Mini does have a compass though since it knows what direction it's pointed in the Apple & Google map apps. It's pretty accurate but I don't know how since I've never calibrated it. I don't remember if the Pilot app uses the iPad compass to show what direction your facing. I haven't really paid attention to that.

Reaction score
I got that circular calibration on my new iPad Air 2, once, and only once.

Seems like it's simple enough, to do this calibration, if only. for a minute of your time.

Dr.Chas-THC

Reaction score
I got this sometimes for the app on my iPad as well. In my opinion, this is to calibrate the correct direction so if the homepoint is set and you are already flying it, the map orientation is still correct when you move around.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UAmetry