anyone else feel they just ordered a phantom 1

Reaction score
hey all I'm new to the phantom world I've had many diy quads and helis just love to fly but wanted something more so i bite the bullet and ordered a P3 pro..

just before the release i was about to order the p2v+ it had everything seemed to be the best bet but price was a little high. then the following week i did a search of a P3 not knowing it was coming and bam i found info that one may be coming. so i held off on the p2v+..

so back to my main point. after i ordered the p3 pro i started reviewing what it did and what it can't do..seems it can't do more then it can do. unless the SDK puts in some overtime the p3 is just gonna be an p1 with a good camera..i was really looking forward to waypoints and point of interest.

please feel free to rag or put me down or even give me advise to why my $1400 p3 is gonna be the best thing ever.

i can't tell if you're being serious.
waypoints and poi are forthcoming, from DJI, and will be native to the Pilot app.
curious what you've found it unable to do?

Reactions: Bob Publicover
if they do come then ill take back my post but till then ill keep it..

the way i took it as from looking at the p2+ seeing all the little cool features then looking at the p3 i kinda figured all would see be there..

I've never owned a phantom and am waiting patiently for the P3A but it doesn't take much research to see the vast improvement over any of the previous phantoms ....light bridge, vision positioning, the controller, battery, camera, stability with improved GPS....... I think if you really look into it whilst on the outside it looks very similar on the inside it is a totally new machine.

After watching the first videos that have been posted, the story gets even worse.
The problem is some people are flying without removing a piece of packing material from the gimble and/or flying with software not yet optimized for P3.

Have you seen this video that was posted in another thread?:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: WPS
The problem is some people are flying without removing a piece of packing material from the gimble and/or flying with software not yet optimized for P3.

Have you seen this video that was posted in another thread?:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's pretty nice video. I didn't notice any of the "jello" some are claiming. I noticed the jello from the GoPro because it was not attached to a gimbal. So far, I don't see a reason to cancel my order for my P3P.

i would never cancel my order. im gonna love the p3 over any of my quads. i was just expecting all the p2 features. but guess i have to wait for them to come out.

I have an fc40 (basically a p1 with a camera) I had a p2 with a go pro and zenmuse gimbel and all the fpv and iosd stuff intill last night when I sold it. i also still have a phantom vision.

and they are all WORLDS apart from my p3 and the only thing they have thats at all like the p3 is its basic shape and size. The only thing the p3 dont have that the p2v's have is the way points and thats coming some time soon any way. PLUS the way point flying on the p2v is not all that cool any way. Ive used it about a whole whoopping 4 or 5 times just to try it out. But other then just being a neat feature that does not have a lot of uses its very limited and also not all the fan to just let it slowly fly to point a make a turn then go to point B etc etc. Its not even very good for trying to let the phantom fly its self so you can worry about working the camera and getting some good video being it just flys like a lethargic robot in a straight line and turns by stopping then yawing how ever much it needs to turn to face the next way point then it moves to the next one.

i did this way before i recived my p3p. and also before i read that the p3 dosent do the way points and stuff like that.

also i forgot about the lightbridge. the 4k camera. and the 100w charger.

since ive had my p3p i love it. ive done about 18 flights. all about 10min to 20min.

i love this thing. so smooth and a great flyer.

this is also from april 30 i think this can be deleted. no usefull info at all.

sorry i ever posted this.
dji has planty of trolls out there i was not trying to be one of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31