Anyone done the ghost hanging from drone thingy?

Reaction score
I wanna do this but not sure if my Phantom 4 can lift much?

Anyone done it? Feedback?
drone-ghost.jpg

It's probably not the safest thing you can do with a Phantom, but people have done it. Check out YouTube for some examples.

FLying around those little kids is not safe^^^^^, but post it here if you decide to go full scooby dooby. p3/p4 is rated at about 2 lbs according to this YouTuber:

Last edited:
Reactions: Easy-V
The ghost thing is so 90's. Isn't it more effective to look like Ronald McDonald in 2016??

IMG_3923.PNG
I was gonna do the Jared from subway one but fear it'll get shot down quick on Halloween.

So I came up with the easiest way to attach a $13 ghoul; I inverted the gimbal protector and attached the ghouls hanging cord to it!

Here is the problem; it weighs so much that all motor energy is going towards just keep it hovering. No extra power left to control it ;( need to shed some weight from its "robes"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Drestin I don't know if you have saw this and sorry for posting if you have . Was posted here way back .
Guy did it with a hex cause the quad just wouldn't do it and had about 100' of fishing line holding it .
I still think this was funny and good luck getting done what you want to .

I want to do this as well. I'm gonna look for a light weight ghost or witch of some type. Not sure how long to make the lines going to it though. I think it will get blown all over the place if it's too close from the props. Maybe 15ft?

I want to do this as well. I'm gonna look for a light weight ghost or witch of some type. Not sure how long to make the lines going to it though. I think it will get blown all over the place if it's too close from the props. Maybe 15ft?

I took the gimbal protector and strung the cord that suspended the ghoul up by the center of its head and threaded it through he protector. I attached it to the bottom of the landing gear by just turning it upside down just behind the camera (so it centered the load). It hung only about 6 inches below the drone.

My P4 was running at max speed on all four rotate to hold it up and hover, no power was left to maneuver. I need to lighten it up a bit, to a max of 2 lbs is what I'm reading.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well I did a smaller version of what dirkclod posted but with a creepy little girl...lol. My kids loved it, so did my neighbors. I think they all want one now...haha. I need to experiment with a longer line. I was using about a 10 feet of fishing line but my kids think I should go longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20