Anyone done the ghost hanging from drone thingy?

Reaction score
I wanna do this but not sure if my Phantom 4 can lift much?

Anyone done it? Feedback?
drone-ghost.jpg

It's probably not the safest thing you can do with a Phantom, but people have done it. Check out YouTube for some examples.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FLying around those little kids is not safe^^^^^, but post it here if you decide to go full scooby dooby. p3/p4 is rated at about 2 lbs according to this YouTuber:

Last edited:
Reactions: Easy-V
The ghost thing is so 90's. Isn't it more effective to look like Ronald McDonald in 2016??

IMG_3923.PNG
I was gonna do the Jared from subway one but fear it'll get shot down quick on Halloween.

So I came up with the easiest way to attach a $13 ghoul; I inverted the gimbal protector and attached the ghouls hanging cord to it!

Here is the problem; it weighs so much that all motor energy is going towards just keep it hovering. No extra power left to control it ;( need to shed some weight from its "robes"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Drestin I don't know if you have saw this and sorry for posting if you have . Was posted here way back .
Guy did it with a hex cause the quad just wouldn't do it and had about 100' of fishing line holding it .
I still think this was funny and good luck getting done what you want to .

I want to do this as well. I'm gonna look for a light weight ghost or witch of some type. Not sure how long to make the lines going to it though. I think it will get blown all over the place if it's too close from the props. Maybe 15ft?

I want to do this as well. I'm gonna look for a light weight ghost or witch of some type. Not sure how long to make the lines going to it though. I think it will get blown all over the place if it's too close from the props. Maybe 15ft?

I took the gimbal protector and strung the cord that suspended the ghoul up by the center of its head and threaded it through he protector. I attached it to the bottom of the landing gear by just turning it upside down just behind the camera (so it centered the load). It hung only about 6 inches below the drone.

My P4 was running at max speed on all four rotate to hold it up and hover, no power was left to maneuver. I need to lighten it up a bit, to a max of 2 lbs is what I'm reading.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well I did a smaller version of what dirkclod posted but with a creepy little girl...lol. My kids loved it, so did my neighbors. I think they all want one now...haha. I need to experiment with a longer line. I was using about a 10 feet of fishing line but my kids think I should go longer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31