Anybody Lose One...

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy anything off ebay that they claim they found and no one came to get it not because I think the seller stole it but because the person that lost it could have called the cops and claimed it stolen either to get the insurance on it or just because they know at some point someone will find it and keep it and it would be easier for the person that lost it on his own to claim it was stolen to get it back!! If this seller turned it into the police then he should state that to protect himself and the buyer in case there was a report filed from the other end and the serial numbers being in police records! Who knows the poor guy that lost the Phantom probably went to the police station hoping someone would have turned in this weird little device only to find out six months later its being parted out on ebay :x

I think if the person who fou d it did their due diligence by posting a "found" ad in their local Craigslist or newspaper with no takers it's theirs to sell as they please as it's on their property and abandoned. Brings up several issues including trespass etc.

Jimmy Jim said:
I think if the person who fou d it did their due diligence by posting a "found" ad in their local Craigslist or newspaper with no takers it's theirs to sell as they please as it's on their property and abandoned. Brings up several issues including trespass etc.
If they posted it in a lost ad then that would be as good as turning it in to the police as they would have proof that they tried to locate the owner in case something was to arise from it. But without a police report at this point you can't claim trespassing let alone if the other person like I said claimed it as stolen before you did so! I hate to get the police involved in anything but when it comes to someone else's property especially if your going to make profit off it, its good to cover your *** whether you claimed you found it on your property or in the park you should note that all attempts where made to find the owner or the police cleared it as not being claimed after I believe what they give you is 30days and its yours. Just saying buyer beware unless you get sellers word that one or the other has been done!!

Kind of make me wonder, Did this guy get interested in the hobby after this crashed on his property or did he already have a Quad that he's going to use the rest of the parts for? And either way when you are in the hobby or interested in it then most look it up online and come across this site like many of us! Why did he not place a lost ad here if he really wanted to be honest and return it? Is this guy a member :?: Maybe thats why he sat on it for six months to let the smoke clear! lol

I sent the seller an email as I want to place a bid on this and he informed me it is all legit as he has notified the police and payed a fee so it didn't go to auction and he got to keep it! But I also want to make sure he's tried it because he doesn't offer a refund and that thing has been in a crash, Waiting on a response to that one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20